I'm not sure if I feel like a Disney Princess this week! Thursday night I threw up four times :( and so on Friday I slept a lot because I was really weak and still sick. I must've had the stomach flu or something. It was bad. And then Sister Davis got sick with the flu (not the stomach flu, just regular flu) and so we both rested on Saturday as well. Yesterday we were both better so we got back to work, but it was a long weekend. On a happier (?) note, we watched Together Forever, which is possibly the cheesiest film I have ever seen. I almost threw up again because the sappy music was making me nauseous.
I didn't sing at church again (not yet). I am excited for this week though because we have a lot of potential investigators that we want to pick up! Holli and Ashley (mother and daughter), Glenn, and Todd. So I'll let you know how this week goes. Interestingly enough, there are lots of people here who remind me of Napoleon Dynamite. I don't know if that's good or bad. Besides probably one song on Erasure-wannabe's cd, his songs stink. To me he doth stinketh. But he tried so that's awesome for him. He's a nice guy haha- we're trying to help him stop smoking.
I can't believe it's already the last week of the transfer- crazy! Sister Davis thinks she is leaving for Argentina- we'll see. I think I'm staying here- but I guess you never know. I like it here though- I wouldn't want to leave just when I'm feeling like I am starting to really know everyone and how to do things.
I miss Juke a lot. I don't think a day has gone by where I haven't either thought about him or mentioned him in a lesson. I love him and I hope he is doing well.
Regarding Disney princess, Napoleon Dynamite and Erasure guy--see earlier posts:) I hate to burst Leslea's bubble, but there are MUCH cheesier movies than "Together Forever" (Saturday's Warrior, etc.) Paul's West Virginia racing was a success and Juke's haircut was not (meaning it didn't even happen because he was in a bad mood and now he looks like the guy in Amadeus) and the zombie pictures were from the zombie marathon I did last weekend. Apparently the pictures I emailed her didn't go through:( Maya is Leslea's old roommate and Thus is her friend in the Marines. She keeps mentioning Halloween because it's my favorite holiday--hence the zombie running-and in case anyone's wondering, my speed is about the same as a zombie, but I did manage to outrun them (barely).
Here is this week's special Halloween musical selection:
Watch if you dare--it will give you nightmares, you will run screaming, you will even seek out a zombie to eat your brain!
http://www.allaboutmormons.com/ENG_Video68.php
If you scroll down a bit you will see this actual comment:
The music in this video will make you cry. In fact the whole movie will make you cry! Only someone with a heart of stone would not be moved by “together forever” and the music of Michael Mclean.
Well said, Sherri. I could not agree more, but I'm pretty sure I would be crying for an entirely different reason than you:) Maybe I truly do have a heart of stone, which is ok by me because that's the name of one of my favorite Erasure songs. See how this all comes full circle?:)
No comments:
Post a Comment