Monday, October 7, 2013

Betrayed with spaghetti and dumb flies


Hey :)

My mouth is basically fine now- I just clean out the holes after meals with salt water and stuff, so hopefully it stays okay.  I just finished my antibiotics so that's good-they tasted gross :P 

My companion was born in Guatemala but moved to the US when she was 6.  She speaks English and Spanish, and she's really fun :)  She's been on her mission for about 5 months and she's waiting for her visa because she was actually called to Argentina.  The leaves are turning colors here and it's really pretty.

Conference was amazing.  We took a recent convert and his member daughter with us on Saturday afternoon, so that was really fun.  Sunday afternoon we were supposed to meet this less active family, but they were late so we couldn't sit with them, but at least they came.  I saw President and Sister Hatch right in front of the conference center- it was really funny and random!  I also saw this woman who said she used to live next door to the Jeff Wight clan.  Mickelle Shea..?  But I loved conference-and of course Motab was amazing as always.  It is so cool to be there in person!
Jennifer is not doing as well as we hoped.  We went over to visit her early last week to invite her and her brother Peter to conference, and then they basially broke up with us.  Peter wants to know the answers to the universe, but he doesn't actually want to hear the answers we have to offer.  We were there for about 40 miutes and the whole time he was talking.  We barely even got to talk to Jennifer or hear her opinion because he was talking so much.  We really want to meet with Jennifer because she seems more willing to listen and learn, but Peter is making her confused and so she said she'd call us when she decided if she wants to continue investigating.  So hopefully she does!  We are praying for her. 
That's too bad about Juke's finger- hopefully it'll just heal on it's own.  I miss him a lot- I think I have mentioned him to people we visit at least once every day.  Tell him I love him. 

Anyway- I love you and I hope you have a wonderful week.  Miss you.  
Love,
Sister Wight

PS We had spaghetti(s) the other night and I was LOVING it :P Sister Davis told me that before I got here, she had told the family that she liked spaghetti so they made it for her!  She betrayed me-haha. It was funny. 


PSS- did you see the fly on that one seventy's face?
Sunday afternoon session? Poor guy- I'd be so annoyed if my talk being broadcast all over the world was messed up by some dumb fly.



I was wondering how long it would take before Leslea had spaghetti.  When she was young she went to a slumber party and they had spaghetti for dinner and the birthday cake was white cake--she got sick in the middle of the night and has not been able to eat either thing since.  

 Exodus 8:21

"...behold, I will send swarms of flies upon thee, and upon thy servants, and upon thy people"

No comments:

Post a Comment