I'm so glad you got to go to Jose's ward for his "farewell"! Jose told me in his email that it really meant a lot to him to hear his family's testimonies. And everyone in their ward is really friendly- the Bishop always tries to get me to practice my Spanish when he comes over to shake my hand :)
Sister England showed me the email you sent back to her! Her family is really nice. Was the picture of just me and Sister Davis? Or was there a third girl with us? Because that's Sister Smith! She started coming out with us this past week- sometimes for the full day, and sometimes just for half the day. She has some learning and physical disabilities because she has a syndrome. I think she said that it is called Joubert Syndrome. She has difficulty with stairs, and reads and speaks slowly. She is so sweet and just wants to touch the hearts of the people we visit. I love working with her, and she brings such a wonderful spirit to the homes we visit. President Chambers called Sister Davis and I a few weeks ago to see if we would be willing to be her companions, and we were so excited! She lives about 5 minutes away from us, in the next stake over (Granite South Stake). She lives at home, and we pick her up and drop her off. It's been really fun so far to be with her, and we are all excited to keep working together!
That's funny that Pres Hatch emailed you- I was so surprised to see them there! The mormon world is so small!
When Jennifer and Peter "broke up" with us, they told us that they'd call us if they wanted us to continue teaching them. So we're having faith that they will call us sometime.
We live with a single member, Rebecca, in her basement. We have our own bathroom, and we share her kitchen with her. It's really nice though- she is very sweet. She made us breakfast this past sunday :) We have a bedroom, another room where we study, and a bathroom all in the basement.
We have our own car- we got a red Toyota Corrola. The Elders don't get to drive that one because it's red- so we got it instead :) it's a nice car- we call her Ruth.
We have dinner set up every night with members except for monday nights because it's p-day. We have salad a lot, but no taco salad yet! We had spaghetti's once though :P but usually the food is really good. We're very very well fed here! On p-day we email, clean, go shopping, usually eat out for lunch with our district, hopefully take a nap, write letters, wash the car, etc. It's a pretty busy day! And today we're going to the temple as well. Sundays are not a day of rest on a mission! We have to go to a bunch of Ward Councils, Correlation meeting, and maybe even multiple sacrament meetings depending on how much time we have or if we're meeting someone there. We taught primary in one ward this past sunday, and I sang in sacrament meeting in another ward :) I sang "I Heard Him Come", and I almost started crying because the words talk about the miracles that Jesus performed while he was on the earth. After church, we try and have lessons just like any other day, so Sundays are always crazy!
I'm glad Juke's finger is getting better. Did you guys get my letter? I sent some pictures for all of you. Send me more pictures of you guys so I can put them on my wall. Is Dad super busy? I hope he's doing well. I'm glad Grandma is doing better. She sent me an email and a package, so that was nice. How was shopping with Noelle? I miss going out to lunch with you two :(
That sounds cool about the blood donating- good luck- don't die! Then you'd be a real zombie in the race! That sounds like so much fun- let me know how it goes :) The Halloween spirit here is actually pretty good- there are a lot of funny decorations- I'll have to take some pictures for you. I can't wait until I get the camera cable so I can send you pictures- there are some pretty funny ones.
Alright well I better go so I can email everyone! I love you and I love hearing from you :) Miss you. Love you.
No comments:
Post a Comment