Friday, October 11, 2013

Thankful for thoughtful people:)

I just had to put these few things on here as my expression of gratitude for people who have been thoughtful enough to take the time to send us little bits of information and pictures--I got a voicemail from a sister in Utah the night of the Relief Society broadcast saying that she sat by Leslea and just wanted to call us and say that she was doing well.  I also got an email from a member of our Stake Presidency after General Conference saying he and his wife had seen Leslea at the conference center.

Here are a couple of emails from members who have had Leslea and her companion, Sister Davis over at their homes.



We had the opportunity to have Sister Wight and Sister Davis over for dinner tonight.  My family and I enjoyed getting to know a little about your daughter.  She seems like she is off to a great start with her mission and appears very happy to be here.  I thought that I would pass this along so that you know that she is doing well. 

Kind regards,

Rob




My name is Carrie England.  I just wanted to send you an email to let you know we love your daughter!  We live in the stake she is serving in and just had her and her companions over for cookies!  She has such a calm loving way of sharing the gospel!  She is absolutely darling!  She has added so much to our ward and stake in the short time she has been serving and we love having her here in Utah!  I currently have two children serving missions (My daughter is in Colorado and my son is in Uruguay)  They are loving their missions!  It is so much fun for me as a missionary mom to see Sister Wight and watch what she is doing so that I can get a little taste of what my kids are doing in the mission field!  Thanks for sharing her with us!  We are having them come back on Sunday to teach us another lesson and play some games!   They bring such a wonderful spirit to our home! 

I attached a couple pics of her while she was here!  








I must say that it's still a little surreal to see Leslea as a missionary with her tag and everything, but it's really really awesome!!  We miss her so much, but since we will only have this "missionary experience" once, I am thoroughly enjoying it.  (I admit that sometimes I go in her room and cry and listen to the recordings of her singing--and cry....but it's all good)


1 comment:

  1. Love it! That is so cool that people would get in touch with you after being with her.

    ReplyDelete