Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Sister LaFond(a) and a Disney Princess




I'm glad you got the pictures!  I got the suitcase last Tuesday- thank you.  I love the Halloween stuff too! The owl is so cute :)

Things are going pretty good, I'm still with Sister Davis and Smith-they're super fun.  The work has been kind of hard lately.  Wanda (our investigator who was supposed to be baptized this weekend) postponed her baptism until the end of next month because her husband and daughter are pretty anti.  We're really trying to help her and her family.  Our other investigators are always canceling and rescheduling our appointments, and so most of the teaching we do is less active and part member families, which is still great, but sometimes we get discouraged.  

Last Friday I went on an exchange with the Sister Training Leader (Sister LaFond) and so I got to go to Riverton for a day.  We ate dinner with an older couple who had gone on missions (one to Nauvoo) and afterwards Sister Deakin was telling us about how her daughter went to Spain and only had one baptism her whole mission- the day she was leaving.  Her daughter felt like she didn't do a whole lot on her mission, but Sister Deakin told us that even if we don't have a million baptisms, we are still planting seeds by our examples and by the way we treat others through service.  That really helped me and reassured me that what I am doing is right, and that I may not know how I am affecting other people.  

Yesterday I was able to sing in sacrament meeting again (in a different ward) and while I was up there, I looked out and saw one of our less active families sitting way in the back, and the wife was crying.  After the meeting they came up (the Dixons) and told me how much they appreciated the song.  I was so happy that they came to church, and I hope I touched their lives and helped them come closer to Christ. 
And, someone else told me I sounded like a Disney Princess!  That could either be a compliment or an insult- haha (Snow White's voice- oh boy). 

I don't think I got any pictures from you recently...maybe try to send them again? I'm going to attempt to send you some right now since I have the cord.  Sounds like you had fun with Noelle and her family.

The blood place sounded fun!  Wish I could've gone and seen the grim reaper! Speaking of scary things (just kidding), have you ever seen Finding Faith in Christ?  We watch it sometimes in our lessons, and some parts are funny, even though they're not supposed to be haha.        

Oh my goodness I really hope that Juke's new caregiver is Comfort!  That would be awesome :) At least her name isn't Ordealia....


Love,
Sister Wight
PS For Halloween we get to go to the Temple!  Last week we got to go to the Draper temple and it was so pretty!  The view is beautiful :)   



Oh, man I don't think I could have gone the whole day with Sister LaFond and not had Napoleon Dynamite in my head constantly!  We are looking for another (or multiple) caregivers for Juke and one of the applicants is named Comfort.  Let's hope she works out:)  The blood place is the donation center where I went last week-they had a "grim reaper" walking around--it was a Halloween blood drive--at least I don't think they usually have the grim reaper skulking around the place.  Lastly, if you haven't seen Snow White or ever noticed her voice, take a listen--mostly we have always made fun of the song "I'm Wishing"  


1 comment:

  1. I seriously cried hearing about her companion that is disabled. Heavenly Father so clearly has a plan for each of us. I can't imagine what a beautiful answer to prayers Sister Wight is for the family of that sweet Sister. Thanks so much for keeping the blog. We love getting a window into her mission.

    ReplyDelete