Hello All!
So this past week has been pretty good! I have been amazed at how the Lord leads us directly to the people who need our help the most at exactly the right moment. About a month ago we talked to a young man named Brandon, who asked us a lot of questions about what we believe and talked with us for quite a while. Earlier this week I felt that we needed to go to his Grandma's house, who had been taught by missionaries before but didn't get baptized. We went over and talked to her for a bit, and Brandon was there too. We talked with them for about an hour, and he ended up telling us that he appreciated our kindness and willingness to answer all of his questions (he asked us about EVERYTHING). He doesn't live in our area, and his grandma wasn't interested in taking the discussions again, but I know we needed to be there just to let them know that we care and that we love them. They don't quite fit into the neighborhood, and they expressed that they had felt left out sometimes because they aren't members of the church, so it was really nice when they told us we were kind and that they trusted us. It was a cool experience!
The next day we decided to visit a family in one of our wards that we had never met before. When we knocked on the door, a lady named Dawnie answered and talked to us for about an hour! She told us that she was visiting the man who lived there, and that when she was 8 she decided not to get baptized because she was scared of making that commitment. We talked with her about her life and she said she was still very religious and prayed often. At the end of our visit she asked if she could say the prayer and it was one of the most beautiful prayers I've ever heard. She kept asking Heavenly Father to bless us "beautiful strong women of God". It was great! Unfortunately, she doesn't live in our area but I feel so blessed that we were able to meet her and talk with her. She was so kind and thanked us several times for talking with her. Miracles!
This past weekend was our Stake Conference, and a counselor from our Mission Presidency came on Saturday night to speak to our stake. It was really good and they talked about how we can all make invitations to others with love and confidence. Our Stake President also asked us to tell everybody how many investigators we are currently teaching, so I walked up the the stand and said "zero", after which many "aw's" and gasps occurred. Our Stake President started crying and encouraged the members of the Stake to invite their friends to meet us. I am excited to see what happens, although I think my quote of a startling "zero" will go down in history! :)
I have been doing a lot better this past week, I know that I am doing my best and serving with all of my heart, and that's all Heavenly Father expects of me. I read a really fantastic talk in the July Ensign called "Becoming Perfect in Christ" by Elder Gerrit W. Gong that I would highly recommend reading! I know that as we do our best, the Savior will strengthen and help us. We can eventually become perfect, or complete, in Him. I love you all and hope you have a great week!
Love,
Sister Wight
PS John 3:16-17
PPS We spoke to the Youth Camp Leaders last night before they go off to Girl's Camp this week- originally they wanted us to come to Girl's Camp, but I think it's a LITTLE bit out of our area ;) so they gave us some t-shirts so we would still feel included :) Their theme is G.N.O.M.E.S. (God Needs Obedient Missionaries, Especially Sisters)
No comments:
Post a Comment