Hello Everyone!
Happy Late Fourth of July! I'm pretty sure if you were looking at the US from space that night, you would've seen all of the fireworks in Utah! It sounded like we were in the middle of a battlefield while we were trying to sleep :)So as we were going about our missionary work this week, we met an awesome lady and as we were talking we came upon the subject of names. Mom- this is mainly for you- and she told us her grandson's name is Badger. I kid you not, his parents named him Badger.
On the Fourth of July we ate a bunch of food. We started off the day at a neighborhood breakfast, where we sat by a nonmember that I have been trying to start teaching since I've been here. Her name is Roberta and I met her the first week I was here, and she told us she had been taking the discussions from the missionaries, but had decided she was going back to her old church. Since then I haven't been able to get her out of my head- the spirit kept telling me to go back. So a couple weeks ago she finally answered the door and told us she wanted us to come over after her house isn't flooded anymore. We saw her at the breakfast and she said she still wants us to come over in the next few weeks. I wish it was this week, but we want her to trust us and know that we respect her before we start the discussions again. So we'll keep checking on her and I'll let you know what happens :) Pray for us! Sometimes she comes to church and she says it always makes her happy, so we feel really good about her.
Alrighty everyone! I love you and hope you all have an amazing week. Read 3 Nephi Chapter 18, it has become one of my favorites!
Love,
Sister Wight
***I noticed that Leslea and I have the same shirt:)***
No comments:
Post a Comment