Monday, June 9, 2014

Hard, hot, and hilarious


Hello! 
This past week was transfers, and I have another companion!  Her name is Sister Stockwell from Provo, Utah.  She is doing a two-transfer mission to find out how mission life is and if she wants to keep serving.  If she decides to keep serving, she will get another mission call somewhere else!  She and I were talking earlier this week and she told me she has Autism, albeit very high functioning.  She is amazing!  I have learned so much from her already, including sincerely loving others and working hard!  She is awesome and even though I will miss Sister Lewis SO much, I am really excited for this transfer.  Sister Stockwell was in Kearns for six weeks before this and her old companion is Sister Lewis' new companion, so we just swapped :)  I don't think it is a coincidence that Sister Stockwell and I are companions, even if it will only be for 6 weeks.  
This past week was hard, hot, and hilarious.  We walked around in the heat all week and hardly anyone answered their doors!  I even got a little sun! Yesterday I sang in two Sacrament Meetings, and Sister Stockwell was counting how many people came up to me and gave me compliments.  That made me laugh :) She is really kind and told me that her first impression of me is that I'm too nice :)
I am so excited for Mickele's Baptism this weekend!  She is doing great, and every time she prays she says how happy she is to become a part of this wonderful gospel.  I know that this really is the true gospel, and that it will bring us more happiness and peace than anything else.  
We are still looking for more people to teach!  Keep us in your prayers and remember that I love you all.  I can't believe this week is my halfway mark...it has gone by so quickly and yet I have learned so much!  I can't wait to see what the next 9 months have in store. 
Have a fantastic week! 
Sister Wight   
PS I'll let you know how the Baptism goes next week, pray for Mickele! 



No comments:

Post a Comment