Hello!
Did you enjoy conference?! I certainly did! I think it was one of my favorite conferences ever :) Who was your favorite? I liked them all ;) BUT one that did stand out to me was Elder Ballard's talk. I loved that he reminded everybody of what he has already said! And I am so excited to start talking to the members here more about Preach My Gospel, because I love it. It truly is an inspired manual for missionaries and members as well. I study it everyday and it always strengthens my testimony. This morning I read: "As your understanding of the Atonement of Jesus Christ grows, your desire to share the gospel will increase" (page 2). I felt a very strong theme during conference that we each need to gain a personal testimony of Jesus Christ and His Atonement in the craziness of the world today. And as we understand and are converted to this gospel, we will have a very strong desire to share it with everyone around us. I certainly do! So I hope you and Dad will get copies of Preach My Gospel and start studying, because it has really helped me through all of the struggles and challenges of being a missionary, and I know it will help you two as well. We unfortunately did not get to attend conference because we didn't have anyone to take, but that's alright. We heard that missionaries with seniority in the mission will get to go to conference at least once, so I won't be surprised if I go in October :)
PS We received a call on Saturday from a lady in the Ward who told us a solicitor showed up at their door during conference and asked if she could watch it with their family. They let her watch it and then she asked if she could meet the missionaries... The lady gave us Jaquita's hotel number since she is staying here from out of state, but when we called the hotel we found out that they aren't allowed to give us her information, so hopefully someday Jaquita will be baptized :) I can't make this stuff up...
*****I decided to start a family blog because it seemed like I was putting a bunch of random family info/pictures on Leslea's mission blog-so if you want to look at that the link is:
thewightalbum.blogspot.com
Leslea said everyone was teasing them about being twins in the grey sweaters-haha. I love the bicycle shirt! One of Leslea's friends sent it to her--thanks Michelle;) It's really cute!


No comments:
Post a Comment