Mom,
Thank you so much for the Easter surprises you left for me! They made my day! :) Thank you thank you thank you! I am so glad that you got to meet Sister Chambers, Sam, and President Chambers (for a few minutes haha). They seriously are some of the nicest people I know. That was definitely a shock! I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw the picture. I hope you got home safely, too. Oh, you must've met Elder Tafengatoto. He's a great Elder. He was my Zone Leader in Sandy for a while :) Grama sent me an email and seems to be doing alright, I'm glad you were able to go help her! I wish I could've seen you, but I will soon enough. I'm almost halfway done out here. That is crazy to me.
I do have a new companion-her name is Sister Lewis, she from Cardston, Alberta (Canada), and yes she is tall:) You'll see in the pictures- she is amazing, I love her! I am training her, she went to the Provo MTC and just got here this past Wednesday. We get along great and she is a wonderful missionary. I'm excited to work with her! Sister Gough is so sweet, I think we'll be friends for a long time. I'll really miss her. That's wonderful that she wrote you such a nice note. I'll definitely tell you a bunch of stories when I get home. I'm sure we'll talk for a while once I return and you can ask me all the questions we don't have time for right now!
I hope you get to meet Sister Gough for sure! Haha, maybe the tshirts will be a trend ;)
It's good to hear that Noelle is doing well, how's work and her mom? I haven't heard from her in while.
Well, you know, boxing IS pretty hard. ;) I'm sure it will all come back after you heal a little more.
Yes! Sister Lewis and I have a couple really exciting prospects this week, so pray for us and that we will find new investigators this week. We really want to help these people Come Unto Christ. Speaking of Coming Unto Christ, I sang that song twice yesterday, once in Sacrament, and once at a Relief Society meeting. I love it! That's the song I'll be singing to you on Mother's Day, so get ready :) Sister Lewis accompanied me, she's really good at the piano. My allergies actually are not even bad at all. I don't have any, knock on wood! But all last week it was raining and windy, so that was fun! Poor Sister Lewis haha :) but she has a great attitude.
Mom, I am so sorry about Juke. When I read that part of the email my heart just sank. I am so, so sorry. I know that is has been so hard for you and Dad these past months. I wish I could be there to help you and Dad, and to just be there. I know you must be feeling very sad and uncertain about what's going to happen, but everything will be alright. I am so proud of you and Dad for always trying your best and always taking such good care of Juke and I. I can't even imagine how hard things get for you and Dad since I'm not a parent, but you two have always moved forward with faith and love. I admire you both so much for that- I always have. I am so blessed to be your daughter and Juke's sister. If he can't live with us all the time here in this life, I know that we will all be together forever someday, and we won't have to experience any heartache anymore. I know Satan is trying to make you and Dad feel like you aren't doing your best and that you failed as parents, but you have not. I think you have succeeded in every way, because you love Juke (and I) with all of your hearts, and want us to be truly happy and to always be with you. That's the kind of love Heavenly Father has for each of His children. I wish I could say more to help you and comfort you, but I'll just send you some scriptures instead. I'm sure they can express what I'm trying to convey a lot better than I can.
Ether 12:4
D&C 58:3-4
Those two scriptures are always floating around in my head, and I have a strong testimony that what the scriptures tell us works! They were written for us. They will help us get answers to our questions and they will make us happy as we study and apply what they say. I love you so much and I pray for you everyday- I will work as hard as I can so that you can receive the blessings that you need.
Have a wonderful week and keep me updated. I hope everything turns out alright- I know it will.
Sister Wight
***All I have to say this week is that this letter meant so much to me--probably more than Leslea will ever really know. It was what I really needed to hear. Leslea is probably the only other person besides Paul and I who knows what life with Juke is really like, but we all love him so much and know that he is a special child of God. Juke has so many challenges which affect him and also us, but being his mother has taught me so much about unconditional love. I know Leslea is doing her very best--I feel so blessed that she is on a mission even though I love her and miss her so much. I really appreciated the scriptures she sent. I have marked them and read them many times, but certain scriptures mean different things depending on what's going on in your life at the time.***
No comments:
Post a Comment