Happy Easter! Did you have a nice day yesterday? I know we certainly did! We spoke in one of our ward's Sacrament Meetings- Sister Gough spoke about the Resurrection and I spoke about the Atonement. I wasn't sure what angle I wanted to take since the Atonement is kind of a broad topic, but on Friday we visited one of our Young Women President's home and she gave me a talk entitled "His Grace is Sufficient" by Brad Wilcox. It is the best. Talk. EVER. I LOVE IT. You have to read it. I learned so much and I based my whole talk off of it. It was a really neat experience and my testimony of the Atonement has been strengthened so much. We also taught Young Women's and someone's Primary Class (which we didn't know we were teaching until about 5 minutes before the class). It was a really nice day :)
All this past week we have been showing this video to everybody called "Because of Him" about Jesus Christ and what's possible because He died for us and was Resurrected. It is an amazing video, and we were told to share it with everybody because apparently the church bought out all of Youtube's advertisements all day yesterday to show this video. There was an estimate done that about 109 million people would see it. I want to know how many people actually ended up watching it! It's a powerful video, so if you haven't watched it, WATCH IT.
During church yesterday we got a text from a young man that told us he is not a member of the church but wants to learn more. We are so excited! The Lord really does not cease to bless us with miracles. I am so excited to see what will happen, so pray for us and for Austin. Other than that, this past week has been just great :) I hope I get to stay here in Riverton (transfers are already this week!) to keep working and helping the people here.All this past week we have been showing this video to everybody called "Because of Him" about Jesus Christ and what's possible because He died for us and was Resurrected. It is an amazing video, and we were told to share it with everybody because apparently the church bought out all of Youtube's advertisements all day yesterday to show this video. There was an estimate done that about 109 million people would see it. I want to know how many people actually ended up watching it! It's a powerful video, so if you haven't watched it, WATCH IT.
We are also teaching a man named Tom, who has had a lot of heartache in his life. We heard that the Elders were teaching him for "practice", so we went over to meet him right after we came to Riverton. The first time we had a lesson with him, he told us that we would never convert him, that the Book of Mormon was a waste of time, and that he didn't believe in any one religion. We listened to him and asked him questions about his life and religious views and he just talked and talked and talked. He is living with his sister and her family, who are all active in the church. His sister told us afterwards that he is a tough nut to crack but that it was perfect that we just listened to him. But we also invited him to read the Book of Mormon and to pray about whether or not it is true, and whether this church is the true church. We went back to next week and he told us he had prayed and had a profound spiritual experience- he said he could not deny that this church was true and that the Book of Mormon is true. So we invited him to church- he said he would go "because we asked, not because he actually wanted to". He didn't come to church that Sunday, but we found out the next week that he was waiting because he wanted to get a suit :) so he ended up coming yesterday- and it was a fantastic meeting. He is making great progress!
I know that Jesus Christ really did suffer and die for us so that we can repent and change. I know that He rose again and because He did, so can you and I. I know that these things are true.
PS--So we visited this older lady who has been really sick and she's from Dublin :) She told us she had to "rest her fat head." I asked her if she knew "Dirty Old Town" and she said her husband would play it for me on the guitar sometime. it was awesome!
We're still stayin' classy:)
One of our Bishops is a pumpkin farmer-haha
Gotta have that green jello
***When Leslea was about 11 she and I went on a trip to Ireland (which was one of my favorite places of all time) and anyone can go into a pub there-we were going to listen to traditional Irish music. No, really:) Anyway, the people there are so nice and pretty soon everyone is singing along with the songs. There was this song about Dublin called "Dirty Old Town" the pub songs are always about 12 verses long so we sang a lot about the "Dirty Old Town." It was one of those songs that is funny, but kind of annoying. All these years after we have been joking about that song and another one called "Whiskey In the Jar." I'm sure the Irish lady wondered how in the world Leslea knew that song, but I hope her husband plays it for her sometime! When Leslea was a baby we started calling her "pumpkin head" because she had this perfectly round head. We have always called her that (affectionately, of course) so I'm sure that's why she included the pumpkin farmer picture:)
No comments:
Post a Comment