Monday, March 3, 2014

Romoni?---Tight, like unto a dish!

Helloooooo!
This past week was really good :) we've just been preparing for Kirsten's Baptism and everything.  Yesterday Elder Harris (my District Leader) interviewed her and she's all set!  I'll take pictures for everyone to see.  I'm glad you liked the pictures- sometimes it's hard to find interesting pictures in our square mile area -haha.  Hmmmm interesting that I wanted to send home that scripture then....oh and we went to the Discovery Center last week and it was so fun!  I was looking at my FamilySearch and it's so neat to see all of my ancestors (although there was this person with a weird name- Anise or something).  We'll have to check the center out when we come back to visit.  I seriously feel like this is my home in Utah since this area is all I've known on my mission.  But of course it's nothing like Virginia.  Sorry the weather is still horrible by the way- stupid Polar Vortex :( 
Yesterday was such a good Fast Sunday! Two really inactive people came to church and another one of our less active families we teach went to church.  We went to church with Kirsten and her boyfriend's family, and we also had dinner with them (we had steak!).  We went to this Member Missionary class that was super good- the teacher is a convert and he is really good at explaining how to start up Gospel conversations.  We also went to Relief Society and the sister teaching was talking about grief and how we can get through those feelings, but also how we can learn to have compassion through experiencing grief.  She put a quote on the board that I really like: "Peace is not the absence of trouble, but the presence of Christ".  I think that is really true.  I know that Jesus Christ has gone through all that we have ever felt and all that we have yet to feel, and He knows how to help us through those times when we feel completely alone.  Don't ever forget that and remember that your Father in Heaven loves you and wants you to be happy.  
Anyway, the rest of the week was fun too!  Sister G called Moroni "Romoni" and we laughed a bunch throughout the week!  We knocked on one door and when the lady answered she wouldn't shake my hand- she was very rude at the beginning but once we talked with her she warmed up and by the end of the convorsation she apologized for being so quick to act that way.  It's interesting what affect the missionaries can have on people, especilly here in good ol' Utah.  Oh my goodness I also forgot to tell you that we went to one of the Young Women President's house the other week and she had this sign on her wall that said "Tight- Like unto a dish" and I lost it.  I wanted to take a picture but I had forgotten my camera at home!  I was so mad!  But it was hilarious.  She said its her family motto.  Only in Utah (or our family haha).  Send me a picture of the T-rex stick figure family! That's a bummer that you lost your glasses :( hopefully you can either find them or get new ones soon.  Send me PICTURESSSSSSS of you and Dad! I like the ones of Juke.  So he's staying in a Thereputic House?  Interesting.  Sounds like it will be really helpful.  Let me know how it goes when he stays there and everything.  I still think about him everyday.  
Tell Elena and Bebe I say Hi! I'm finally getting my hair trimmed next Monday- I'm going to have it thinned too.  Plus I might get bangs just for something different- plus when my hair is wet it makes my neck hurt because its so long and thick.  Oh brother ;)  Don't worry, I'm still growing it out!  I'm glad you had fun with Carol- is she in the house right next to us? Oh by the way did anyone move into the new house that was just built?
Well I better get going!  I'll send some pics- the weather has been super nice lately, just some rain occasionally.  Oh, excuse me- moisture. 
Love you!  Have a wonderful week and I'll be thinking of you!
Sister Wight

PS I can't wait to tell you all about the Baptism!!!! :D




No comments:

Post a Comment