Monday, February 24, 2014

Yay!!-Baptisms and Winter Olympics…..how scrumchulessent?

Hello!

So here's the news…we have a Baptism on March 8th :) Kirsten is getting baptized-we are so excited!  I am thrilled to be able to help her make this covenant with her Heavenly Father and become part of this wonderful gospel.  This past week has been kind of long but that news made it all worth it.  Actually, its made all of my hard work worth it since I've been in this area.  I know that I needed to meet her and teach her with Sister Garretson for a reason.  Nothing is a coincidence.  
Sister Smith came out with us for the first time again since she was injured and she did so well!  It was so good to have her with us again.  Transfers are on March 12th-I don't know if I'll be staying or leaving, everyone has been telling us different things.  
I just wanted to bear my testimony about the Atonement and the healing power that is available to us because of the Savior's sacrifice.  I think sometimes it is harder to forgive ourselves than to be forgiven.  Just remember D&C 58:42-43 and that once we have confessed and repented, the Lord remembers our sins no more.  We are forgiven, but then we have to forgive ourselves and learn how to learn from the mistakes we have made.  Anyway, that's my little testimony for the week.  Oh! I also want to bear my testimony about the blessings of bearing your testimony (haha).  The only way our testimony can be strengthened is by sharing it, because either your testimony is growing or it is fading.  So just remember that and bear your testimony often :)  
Well, other than that, we are really excited here in the stake because our Stake President just dedicated our new Discovery Center (for Family History) and it is so cool!  We are getting really pumped about utilizing family history as a tool for finding people to teach.  I'll attach some pictures for you to see!   

One of our wards put on a Winter Olympics and the games were really fun!  We did hula hoop relays, raced golf carts, and had a relay where the adults had to run with skis on.  It was super fun :) some neighbors even came who just moved into the ward who aren't members of the church, so we were able to meet them.
The sunset the other day was so pretty! 




I'm glad the weather has been good and that Juke was good while you were in Winchester-haha- that hotel sounds creepy.   Ahhhhh I'm jealous- I want to swim!  I want to go back to Germany too!  That would be nice if you and Dad could go.  I think my next vacation needs to be a beach :) 

Love you and have a fun week-


Sister Awesome    

PS It has been so nice here lately!  Up in the 50s and 60s- we're loving it!


The following pictures are:

1.  We passed by this car yesterday and I seriously could not believe it.  I had to describe the whole skit to Sister Garretson and I think it's only funny to our fam but it made my whole day 
2.  Me trying to kiss the Thorn's dog, Mazey :)
3.  Me riding a fun scooter!



   








***Ok-so, Paul and I went to Winchester, which is about an hour west of us and stayed in the "Wayside Inn" which apparently is the the country's oldest continuously operating inn.  It was built in 1797.  For those of you who were ever inside our previous house in Vienna--you know how there probably wasn't a single right angle or straight line in the place.  Well, this inn was about 100 times worse.  I felt like I was in one of those funhouse crooked room things.  Also, it had these 2 really creepy pictures in our room--one was of a little girl innocently sewing a handkerchief--but all the while secretly plotting your murder.  The other one was of 3 little girls with dolls staring vacantly into space--again, disturbing.  I am scared of clowns, but dolls are right up there…probably even equal with clowns.  Anyway, you can't go 10 feet around here without there being something of Civil War significance, so it's always cool to learn about the history.  Leslea is talking about swimming because we will be opening up the pool again in a couple of months.  Paul is plotting his next European adventure.  If any of you are wondering about "scrumchulessent" it's in a skit of Will Ferrell doing "Inside the Actors' Studio" and it's a word he made up to describe the most awesome, wonderful thing ever-although we always thought it was "scrumtrulescent" but hey, whatever.  I think all missions should invest in those scooter things--as if the missionaries don't already stand out riding their bikes around in suits and dresses:)!***


No comments:

Post a Comment