Hello!
This past week has been great! I wasn't able to email yesterday because we are going to the Oquirrh Mountain Temple today so my pday switched to today. We also have a Mission Fireside this week and the Women's Broadcast as well. What a spiritually uplifting week! I love Riverton- the people are kind and the area is beautiful. I can see three temples from anywhere in my area and we have a lot of potential investigators! There seems to be a lot of teenage or young adult girls that we will be able to help in this area. I am really excited to continue working here in the stake. We have already introduced ourselves in two Sacrament Meetings, taught an Elder's Quorum class (that was fun), and met with all of the auxiliaries. I love missionary work. It has been hard, especially here in Utah where everyone thinks that all of their neighbors are LDS and there is no one new to teach. Everyone has heard of Mormons and they definitely have an opinion of them. But I testify that there are people to teach, especially here in Utah. There are TONS! And we will find them and help them Come Unto Christ :) Everyone has "No Soliciting" signs on their doors- I have never seen so many as I have here in Utah- although I probably haven't seen half as many doors in my entire life as I have seen in the past 6 months on my mission. But we aren't selling anything. We offer Eternal Life, and everyone has a choice whether or not they will choose Eternal Life or not.
So my area used to be all farmland, but there are a lot of new houses being built. So we will be in a completely new neighborhood and turn the corner and there will be horses, goats, chickens, etc in their backyard. It is awesome. I love it here and my companion is great. You pronounce her name Goff but it's spelled Gough. So basically no one can say either of our names. People also say Gow and Wright, but it's alright. The people here are great and very helpful. I am so excited to see what this transfer brings. I love you all and pray for you everyday. Read D&C 84:88- this scripture always comes to mind when I am tired or discouraged.
I am still so sorry about the weather there. It's been pretty nice here. Upper 40s and sunny. I hope Juke does better this next week. I miss him!
I'm so glad you're starting to feel better :)
I haven't sung in church lately but I do know what I will be singing to you. Do you want piano or a Capella?
I really hope there's not a ghost in the house. Maybe it's the Spirit.
I love my new area and companion :) I am so excited to continue to work here.
ps- I have no idea what Elder Ramos is doing haha. I'm glad he sent Juke a tshirt though! He sent me one too haha.
pps- Hope you enjoy my pictures from this past week! I took them just for you.
Love you!
Sister Wight
***We have still been having snow here-as recently as yesterday;( Also, I have been checking periodically throughout this winter on my weather app on my iPhone and lots of times it's colder here than in Stanley, Driggs, and Rexburg-and that's saying something-especially Stanley! Today the high was 29. Oh boy:( We might have a ghost in the house. I have found lights on at strange times in strange places, like the light inside our hutch in the dining room. There is no way Juke knows where the button is and neither Paul or I touched it. The other day we all went for a walk--nobody in the house and when we came home 15 minutes later Paul's computer was on playing some video. There have been a few things like that in the last couple weeks. It's really weird. I sent Leslea the Irish stuff for St. Patrick's Day--I didn't really know if she would actually wear the beard thing! hahaha***
I love how they have these no soliciting sign with cute mormon mom wreaths right next to them
She said she wants a Sister Awesome tshirt too- haha :) she IS pretty awesome!
No comments:
Post a Comment