Tuesday, March 18, 2014

RiverTON of baptisms, Klingon cars, and many Butts

Hello!
So, I have been transferred to Riverton!  I have a new companion named Sister Gough, who has been out for 6 weeks (so I am training again).  We replaced Elders and we cover the Copperview Stake, which consists of 8 wards.  Since we replaced the Elders and neither one of us has been in this area before, we are white-washing (that's what it's called in mission lingo).  We also will have a car every other week, so my bike will get a lot of use now!  We have been walking this past week because the sisters we are sharing the car with had it and my companion doesn't have a bike yet.  Sister Gough is from Houston, Texas and she went to BYUI, too!  She actually lived in the dorm hall right next to mine, but we were only there at the same time during spring semester.  She's really nice and I am excited to work with her.  So that's my big news!  I was surprised to be transferred, and of course I will miss Sandy, but I'll be back to visit.  Everyone in Riverton is really nice and everyone is excited to have Sisters again, since they haven't had them for about 2 years.  I'm happy to be here :)
 Sister Smith was doing well the last time I saw her, which was a week ago.  She started her mission about two weeks after I started.  
I'm so sorry that the weather is still horrible and that you're having a hard time recovering :( I keep praying for you and the whole fam.  Hopefully after this week it'll get better.  I hope that the Therapeutic Home works out soon, too.  I just got my hair trimmed- the ends of my hair were really damaged, so it feels a lot healthier now :) I like it. Oh- and I promise I took pictures of my St Patty's day stuff, but I forgot my camera cord at home.  I'll send them next week though! I definitely like daylight savings- and it's been really nice here lately, which we have been so grateful for since we've been walking.  Oh yeah and Elder Ramos' pictures are really funny :) he's so weird haha.  He looks like he loves it though.  
I'm excited for the next month or so- we stopped by a Relief Society President's house and she gave us three tickets to the Women's Broadcast at the end of the month and we were so excited!  There is a recent convert in one of our wards who just got baptized the same day as Kirsten and we want to take her to it.  Wouldn't that be so cool to be able to say that I went to the first General Women's Broadcast with a woman who was just baptized?  And we got tickets to General Conference again, too.  
Well, that's about all for this past week-  a lot has happened!  I'll send a lot of pictures next week. You can see the Oquirrh Temple really well from my area- I love being so near to so many temples!  Serving here is so wonderful.  I love it.  I love studying the scriptures everyday and helping people understand how much Heavenly Father loves them.  Read Helaman 5:12. Okay, I love you so much and I think about you everyday.  Get better soon :) 


PS- We saw a car with a license plate of Klingon. And there are about three families in this stake with the last name of Butt.  I'm completely serious.  My companion and I almost peed our pants as we were looking through the directories.  Oh!  And a name that we saw while we were indexing in my last stake was Corazon Jerusalem.  I thought you might like that one.  :) 

Love,
Sister Wight      




No comments:

Post a Comment