Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Baptisms, sticky notes, and snowblowers

Hello! 

Well this past weekend I got to experience my first Baptism and Confirmation!  Our investigator, Kirsten, is now a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints!  Her Baptism was wonderful- she had her friend give a talk and it was so good.  He has had disabilities for his whole life and is in a wheelchair- he can speak but he has an aid to help him move his arms and head.  He is such a kind man and he is really smart.  Kirsten has worked for him before and he has seen her grow throughout her life.  She has come a long way and she was so happy!  I was filled with a feeling I can't even describe when she came out of the water.  She started crying and told us that she felt so happy.  Her boyfriend, Ryan, was able to baptize her, and Ryan's father confirmed her.  I am so grateful that I was able to be a part of this experience with her.  
When she was confirmed she was just glowing.  I know that this is the true church.  I know that the only way we return to our Father in Heaven is by being baptized, just as Jesus Christ was.  He is the ultimate example that we should follow.  I'll attach pictures for everyone to see!  
Transfers are this week, and I have no idea what will happen!  This area has become my home, but I know that wherever I go will be where I am needed and where I will learn what Heavenly Father needs me to learn.  The relationships I have made here will go on for a very long time.  I have loved serving here and whether I stay or leave I will always remember this stake.  
I know that being here is where I need to be.  I know that every missionary, no matter where they serve, has to rely on the Lord to do this work.  I know this gospel is true.  The Book of Mormon is true.  Follow the promptings of the Spirit, he will show you where to go, what to do, and what to say.  2 Nephi 32:1-3 


I'm so glad to hear that you're doing okay :) I've been thinking about you a lot and wondering how everything went.  I'm so glad you're being taken care of and that the pain is subsiding.  How did Juke do staying at that place?  How's Dad?  


Love,

Sister Wight       

So, Sister Missionaries are known for leaving sticky notes everywhere (or maybe that's just us) but we left a bunch on Kirsten's door for her to find after she was baptized 









This last picture is of my district:)




***It's so great to be able to share a little bit in this baptism experience with Leslea.  She has really seemed to love this area--we'll see if she stays or goes.   The other pictures of Juke show the agony and ecstasy of the snow we've been having this winter-and spring, apparently.  We haven't had a normal full week of school here since Christmas break.  On this particular snow day, the first picture is when I told Juke it was snowing (which clearly he was not thrilled about, and the second picture is when I told him he could go out and watch Paul with the snowblower--hence the running toward me.  Juke loves anything like lawn mowers, snowblowers, etc.***









No comments:

Post a Comment