Wednesday, January 1, 2014

SHARKNADO--break out the Advil

Happy Anniversary!  I hope you had a nice day- it sounds like you did haha.  I can't believe it was 50 there...it has been absolutely freezing here lately.  It's been giving me headaches-but that's okay- break out the Advil!  

Hahaha I'm glad you liked Sharknado ;) when I saw it I just busted up laughing in the middle of the store.  I couldn't believe it.  I hope Noelle likes her new kitty- I miss our cats :(

I'm glad President sent you a letter- when I found out I would be training I couldn't fall asleep very well for the next couple of nights because I was so nervous about it!  It is a lot of responsibility getting a fresh new missionary and making sure they learn all they need to and have a good experience-but I just keep telling myself that if Heavenly Father thinks I can do it, then I can.  It has been a wonderful experience training Sister Garretson so far- I have learned a lot and she has taught me so many things!  Her testimony is so strong and I love working with her.  It is interesting that you say you can already see a change in me because although I know I've learned a lot, it's hard to see the change in myself.  Sister Garretson and I really complement each other.  We're both really good at listening and trying to  rely on the spirit, which is great because I am still trying to learn how the spirit works with me.  We both love music and singing- we basically have the same voice so that's really cool.  Heavenly Father knows what he's doing.  We get along really well and have fun together, but we want to get this work moving!  I love her :)

Sister Smith is doing better- we heard that she's getting a walker on January 6th so I guess that's good :) she's doing well- but I miss her. 

We had another lesson with Amy and her kids (the family I was telling you about) and Amy's boyfriend, who is actually a member but they are living together.  It was a good lesson and although Amy has some different beliefs about a modern prophet (whenever I talk about that it always reminds me of dad's rants) and organized religion, but they are so spiritual and really open to us sharing what we know to be true.  I have high hopes for them :) they even invited us to go down to an organ recital on temple square with them, but we can't go unless they have a baptismal date.  Dang it- but it's alright.  We'll see what happens.    

We have had so much food- I don't even want to talk about it.  I think we're going to the mall today since it's pday, so that'll be fun :) I hope your party tonight is fun- I'd love any pictures or a video :D I'll be thinking of you guys.  

OOOOoohhhh your classes sound really interesting.  I hope you have fun. How is the temple going by the way?  

I loved the Christmas stuff -and I can definitely sing to you on Mother's Day.  Any requests?-haha   I love and miss you.  Have a wonderful week and tell Jukey that I say hi :)     

Love,
Sister Awesome 


PS I love the Sister Awesome shirt!! ;)


***So, if you haven't heard of Sharknado, you really need to check it out:)  We were joking about it a lot right before Leslea left and for Christmas she sent us Sharknado t-shirts (see picture below)
We got a little video and pictures on New Year's Eve from a member's house where they were celebrating.  Also, Leslea finally sent us pictures of where they live.  I told here I have already started the countdown until I talk to her on Mother's Day and that she has to sing to me:)  I have been teasing her for 10 years about how I want her to sing the primary song "Mother I Love You" every Mother's Day-(really- I hate that song) I sent her a t-shirt for Christmas that has a picture of a missionary tag and instead of her name I put "Sister Awesome" -it came from a letter she sent us where she put that as her return address and we've been teasing her about it ever since.  I started this little tradition a long time ago making t-shirts for Paul, Leslea and Juke on birthdays, Christmas, etc.  They are always about something funny we have been joking about that year.  It came back to haunt me with Sharknado-I finally got my own stupid t-shirt:)***






Below is the link to the video the members sent us New Year's Eve


https://www.dropbox.com/s/q6csy6egfbdb8ts/20131231_201757.mp4




And finally, SHARKNADO!!!  Yes, we have been married 22 years--this is what happens:)  You can't really see my t-shirt, but it says "In case of Sharknado please exit pool"  Oh, boy...





No comments:

Post a Comment