Well Hello!
"Bombogenesis"?? Virginia is crazy. I have no words.
So transfers are this week! I am nervous because guess what?! We actually have an investigator who wants to be baptized! Last Sunday we got a call from a guy out of the blue who told us that he had someone for us to teach! We were stunned- we kind of just sat there for a minute and then we set up an appointment. We went to his house and I realized that I had dinner with them while Sister Davis was still here and his girlfriend came too (she's the one that is taking the discussions). Anyway- we taught her the first lesson (the Restoration) and asked her to be baptized- and she said yes! She wants to be baptized in the spring but we extended Feb. 15th as her baptismal date, so she's praying to know what she should do. I am so excited for her- the lesson was so great. She told us that she feels like something is missing and that she has already been reading the Book of Mormon and going to church, and she thinks that we have what she is missing. She's grown up Methodist so she already prays and believes in Jesus Christ. I am so grateful to have met her and that we get to teach her. I'll keep you updated :) Our hard work is paying off- so that's why I don't want to leave! We also have another guy who we're meeting with this week who we hope will be an investigator as well.
Yesterday we sang in one ward and then one of our Bishops asked us to speak and sing in Sacrament meeting- they both went so well. I love singing with Sister Garretson :) and I think we really helped a lot of people realize what they need to be doing as members of the church to be missionaries themselves (since (big surprise) we talked about missionary work).
I hope Dad has fun in Texas, and that Juke will be able to go to school and stuff. I miss them both and hope you are all doing okay. I think about you on Sundays- what time is church for you now?
Tell Noelle I say hi :) and grandma too. I want a picture of Wagner once he gets there!
This past week Sister Garretson hasn't been feeling well so we didn't take a lot of pictures, but I'll see if I can find some for ya. I still need to send you pictures of my district!
My favorite scripture of this past week has been Ether 12:4. I've been studying hope and courage a lot lately.
Alrighty I have to go :) have a wonderful week,
Sister Wight
PS Love you! Take luck.
***"Bombogenesis" is the new term they're using now as the follow up to "polar vortex"…I think we went to school a half of one day last week. If you are really curious about bombogenesis you can google it;) I had to wonder if Leslea had been studying about courage lately because of the "original song" Ian wrote for her? (haha--best to study up on certain qualities immortalized in song-see previous post) The living room is mostly finished, but won't be complete until we receive Richard Wagner's bust that is coming from Germany. The living room decor was mostly Paul's idea, so Wagner will have his hallowed place on a shelf. This week's scripture will again be the one Leslea referenced. And for those Brian Regan fans….take luck****


No comments:
Post a Comment