Hello! :)
Did you know that there is a new temple video? We went to the Draper Temple this morning and some of the temple workers told us there was a new film- it's supposed to be coming to all the other English Temples in the next few weeks I think. You'll have to see it and tell me what you think. It's kind of interesting that they made a new one so soon after the last one. I also took a cool picture of the temple that I'll attach for you.
I've been hearing that apparently the East Coast is in a deep freeze, and I guess everything was shut down- which isn't suprising! Oh poor Virginny. I'm really glad that Noelle's mom is doing better and that her cats are alright. How are our cats?
The piano room looks so good! I love it! :) Sorry the furniture didn't work out though :(
Oh by the way! I found the pictures of Juke a few days ago and it totally made my week :) I guess I didn't open the package for some reason when I first opened the box, but I love them. He looks so old and exactly like Dad. It's so crazy! Did you take them?
I know what you mean about not remembering everything you want to write me- I feel like that every week! I try and write the highlights of the week. I'm so glad that Thus is doing well! I loved the pictures :) especially where the three of them are eating and Thus looks super happy and Dad and Juke look...well you know haha. The presents look awesome. Congrats to him for making Corporal! I knew he would.
I wanted to tell you about a convert we are teaching. He is an older African American gentleman and we've had two lessons with him. He's going through a divorce and he's only been a member for about two years, so we're just helping his testimony grow. Last night we had a lesson and it started out with him singing us two love songs.....(really, I can't make this stuff up) but the lesson actually turned out well! We taught the Restoration and the Spirit was seriously burning. Sister Garretson is such a great teacher and she really helps me express myself when I don't know how to say what I want to say. We work really well together.
We sang in church for a departing senior missionary couple and in the program they put "Our Savior's Love" by Sister Wite and Sister Garretsen. We just laughed it off- but seriously people, It's on our nametags. ;)
We were in another lesson and the sister was talking about how she feels like life puts you in a washer and just spins you around, and Sister Garretson says "Just put me on delicate and I'll be fine". I laughed for the rest of the afternoon! Anyway, this past week has been wonderful. I love serving a mission. I love helping others. I love becoming more like our Savior, Jesus Christ. I have never felt closer to Him and my Heavenly Father than I have in the past 4 months. I can't believe it's been that long, can you?! The scriptures are wonderful. I love studying them! I hope you have had a good week and that it will continue to be good :)
I love and miss you,
Sister Wight
***It has been super cold here so school was out for a day and a half for that, and then we had "freezing rain" and we were out another day for that--all in the same week. Seriously people, there are many places in this big country of ours that have figured out how to deal with snow. What's the deal? Leslea asks about our cats often and when we skyped with her on Christmas I took the computer to the couch and showed her that basically they have been in the same place since she left:) Our living room is finally almost done. Last April we had a plumber come fix one of the toilets upstairs and he forgot to tighten a few things and water ended up ruining half of our ceiling downstairs. Luckily, the only thing in the room was the piano and it didn't get wet. The plumber was insured, so we got everything fixed and re-painted. We just barely found furniture--we ordered furniture in May that was only supposed to take a couple months, but it didn't --so we finally got sick of waiting and cancelled the order. We then went looking for furniture, found some in less than an hour and had it delivered that same day. I took some pictures of Juke since I always feel like we don't have many "good ones" I had to take many, many pictures--as many as Juke would permit:) I'm not sure if Leslea forgot that Juke is a clone of Paul or what--she seemed kind of surprised that Juke vaguely "resembles" him-haha. We went to dinner with Leslea's friend Thus, who just got a promotion. He's in the Marines and stationed at Quantico-so he's close to home. We exchanged Christmas gifts (even though he's from Thailand and is Buddhist) but whatever. He got Juke a USMC tshirt, me a bracelet, and Paul a knife. He knows us too well. A couple of Christmases ago he was with us because his family was out of town and Paul ended up chasing him around with a knife after Christmas Eve dinner, so Thus thought this a fitting gift-haha. I'll try to find that picture and put it in. I know there have been many ways to misspell Wight over the years, but Wite may be a new one. I'm so happy that Leslea is loving her mission and for all she is learning. We are so thankful to be sharing this experience with her. I'm glad the time is passing quickly for her, but I have to admit that it seems more like 4 years to me and not 4 months:( but she's my baby (well, the first one anyway)***
***It has been super cold here so school was out for a day and a half for that, and then we had "freezing rain" and we were out another day for that--all in the same week. Seriously people, there are many places in this big country of ours that have figured out how to deal with snow. What's the deal? Leslea asks about our cats often and when we skyped with her on Christmas I took the computer to the couch and showed her that basically they have been in the same place since she left:) Our living room is finally almost done. Last April we had a plumber come fix one of the toilets upstairs and he forgot to tighten a few things and water ended up ruining half of our ceiling downstairs. Luckily, the only thing in the room was the piano and it didn't get wet. The plumber was insured, so we got everything fixed and re-painted. We just barely found furniture--we ordered furniture in May that was only supposed to take a couple months, but it didn't --so we finally got sick of waiting and cancelled the order. We then went looking for furniture, found some in less than an hour and had it delivered that same day. I took some pictures of Juke since I always feel like we don't have many "good ones" I had to take many, many pictures--as many as Juke would permit:) I'm not sure if Leslea forgot that Juke is a clone of Paul or what--she seemed kind of surprised that Juke vaguely "resembles" him-haha. We went to dinner with Leslea's friend Thus, who just got a promotion. He's in the Marines and stationed at Quantico-so he's close to home. We exchanged Christmas gifts (even though he's from Thailand and is Buddhist) but whatever. He got Juke a USMC tshirt, me a bracelet, and Paul a knife. He knows us too well. A couple of Christmases ago he was with us because his family was out of town and Paul ended up chasing him around with a knife after Christmas Eve dinner, so Thus thought this a fitting gift-haha. I'll try to find that picture and put it in. I know there have been many ways to misspell Wight over the years, but Wite may be a new one. I'm so happy that Leslea is loving her mission and for all she is learning. We are so thankful to be sharing this experience with her. I'm glad the time is passing quickly for her, but I have to admit that it seems more like 4 years to me and not 4 months:( but she's my baby (well, the first one anyway)***




No comments:
Post a Comment