Hellooooo! :)
So as you can see, our pday was switched back to Monday. I guess they're just trying to keep us on our toes ;) We heard last week that is was going to be on Thursday because we were supposed to go to the temple, but they switched it back to today and we're going to the temple on the 14th I believe (so I THINK pday is going to be on Tuesday next week). Sorry for the confusion! Anyway, this past week has been really long for me. I am really trying to work through weaknesses and struggles that I hadn't noticed as much as I do now on my mission. But it is okay, I am glad I'm learning a lot and striving to be my best. Sister Garretson and I have been praying about our lessons and each person individually as to what we need to teach and talk about. It has been the coolest and most spiritual experience ever! The other day we prayed about one of our less actives and I felt that we should talk about prayer for some reason, but I didn't know why. In the lesson we started discussing prayer and what it means to him and his wife, and he totally opened up and started talking about his deeper concerns. It was a very special lesson. I am so glad that I can pray and ask Heavenly Father for help to know what His children need. Even if He doesn't answer our prayers right away, He always does answer. I can testify of that. I love being a missionary!
I hope your week has been fun! I loved the videos you sent on New Year's! I'll send some pictures of what we did on New Year's :) We went to the Stake President's house and made pizzas, and then went to the Jensen's to see some fireworks, which is the video that I sent you. I hope you guys had a great night! Yesterday was Sister Garretson's Birthday, which was fun. I'll send some pictures of that too. Did you get the pictures I sent last week? Oh by the way, what is the name of my blog? I want to send the link to Mikey- he starts up school today by the way. How is my facebook doing? I think some members here have requested me as a friend :)
How are Dad and Juke doing? I miss them! Oh so I'll explain the title of this email- so Elder Harris (my District Leader) said he heard another missionary say that at someone's door and they didn't even notice :) "Hi, I'm Elder so and so from the Church of Cheese and Rice of Rattling Snakes"- try saying it really fast. Speaking of snakes, last week we were in the middle of dinner at a member's home and I looked behind where Sister Garretson was sitting and there was a red snake in a cage. So naturally we wanted to see it eat something (it hadn't been fed in about a week- apparently they can go a month without eating) so after dinner the son goes in the freezer- WHERE THEIR FOOD WAS SITTING- and took out some frozen mice. I am not joking. So we watched the snake eat three mice whole, one after the other. I remember your story about your friend who used to let the snake and the mouse out at the same time in the house- I actually told the family that story and they seemed horrified- which struck me as a little odd since they had a frozen mouse cemetery right by their food.
Oh the things that happen on a mission. We also had a homemade african meal from an RM who went to Kenya, which was really good!
Oh the things that happen on a mission. We also had a homemade african meal from an RM who went to Kenya, which was really good!
Well, that's about all I can remember of what happened this past week (of course more happened, but those are the highlights ). We also went to Chick-fil-A on Saturday with a member :) Yum.
These past few weeks have been challenging in ways I wouldn't have thought of, but I know Heavely Father wants me to learn something. I can't believe it's 2014! That is crazy. I am so glad I will be on a mission when I turn 20, even though I will miss spending it with you guys :(
I love you! Hope you're doing well :) Have an awesome week!
Sister Awesome
PS Hopefully Bigfoot doesn't freeze to death in that 14 degree weather over there. Have fun with that! It's freezing here too...
Here are the scriptures of the week:
D&C 111:11 "Therefore, be ye as wise as serpents and yet without sin; and I will order all things for your good, as fast as ye are able to receive them, Amen."
Luke 10:19 "Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy; and nothing shall by any means hurt you."
**What Leslea really needs is the power to tread on spiders--hopefully she will not encounter too many. I think she might actually prefer snakes:) **

No comments:
Post a Comment