Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Inversion-Conversion….eh-what's the difference

Helloooooooo,

Yes, Sister G and I are still together :) we're excited!  This past week has kind of been a roller coaster!  We are still teaching Kirsten but she actually lives in West Jordan, so technically we aren't supposed to teach her.  Our Zone Leaders call it "Poaching" because its like"stealing" investigators from other missionaries.  But the reason why we are teaching her here is because her boyfriend and his family have been praying about her and her situation for a long time and they felt that it would be so much better for her to be taught in her boyfriend's home and with Sister G and I because we can relate to her (she's in her early twenties).  So it's been a big deal trying to get everything figured about because we want to do what our Zone Leaders tell us and be obedient, but we also want what's best for Kirsten and what will help her progress the most.  So to sum it all up, we're going to talk to President Chambers about her and get it all figured out.  But as far as her lessons are going, she is doing so well and she's going to church and reading and praying every day.  We are so excited! We had a lot of discouragement for a while there, with all of our investigators not progressing and becoming less interested, but Heavenly Father is blessing us for our hard work and patience.  I have faith that everything will work out.  She wants to be baptized in the spring so that her boyfriend can baptize her, so hopefully we will get to come back for that if we are gone.

Usually in church Sister G and I just sing hymns, but we got asked to sing in Zone Conference this week and we're going to sing with Elder Harris.  The song is really pretty- it's called "Come Unto Christ" to go along with this year's Mutual Theme.  I might sing that one for you on Mother's Day ;) 
Oh yeah- I got the Insurance forms and card, and I sent the forms a while ago.  Church is 1-4 now? Fun.  Well MY church is about 8:30 to 4 or 7:30 to 4 haha.  How is Juke doing at church?  I'm so glad to hear that he's been doing so well especially with Dad being gone and school being out so much.  I hope the weather shapes up soon.  Everyone's been asking me why it's so cold there when I tell them where I'm from (did you know you have two moles on your neck?).  Sister G told me she had a dream about my toes (I'm dead serious).  

What type of food is Ozzie's?  I'm glad you and the Yost's are having fun together :) and that he's a good home teacher.  Speaking of Magic Machines, whenever we go to Wendy's here we get Peach Sprite from the Magic Machine- it's pretty good, you should try it.

Cindy is the sister of someone in Sister G's home ward in Florida.  Sorry if you've been getting all those group texts between her and Sister G's Mom- since Sister G is the only member in her family, Cindy is kind of like her Mom during her mission.  None of Sister G's family are supportive of her being on a mission.  It stinks :( and her mom freaks out about not being able to talk to Sister G whenever she wants, so it's difficult sometimes.  Sister G has gone through a lot with her family.  She is doing really well though.  

Hopefully it doesn't snow anymore!  I'm kind of disappointed- I think you guys got all the snow we were supposed to have.  All we have is bad air :( 
  
Sister Smith is doing well, she got her hard cast off and now just has kind of a brace thing.  We took her flowers last week and she liked those.

My training is going well since I've been done for about 6 weeks now ;) haha.  Missionaries only train for 12 weeks.  So I finished my 12 week training and then immediately started training Sister G!  Pretty crazy- she's doing really well though.  She is a great teacher and explains things very clearly.  We have been having some really spiritual experiences, and yesterday our Stake President told us that everyone always talks about us and how much they love us and feel that we are a part of them.  It really meant a lot to me and assured me that our hard work is definitely paying off.  I love it here.  I definitely want to come visit after my mission.  I would love some watches!  The one watch I had broke and now I feel lost without one!  Who would've guessed right?  

LOVE YOU SO MUCH 
Sister Wight 


PS Did I tell you that one of the inactive people we teach called the Inversion a Conversion?  I thought it was actually pretty appropriate for being in Utah ;)          


***Ok, lest anyone should think us mean…we have been talking about Leslea's neck moles and toes forever…she thinks it's funny:)  She has 2 moles on her neck that look just like a vampire bite and her 2nd toes are longer than the big toes.  People were often helpfully pointing these things out to her--you know, as if she had never seen herself or something.  Anyway, apparently her companion is now dreaming of her toes.  Whatever..  "Magic Machines" are what I call the soda machines that you can pick whatever you want--you know, they have about 500 options.  I really wanted one for Christmas, but maybe Santa doesn't think it's healthy or something.  I can relate to Leslea's companion's mom--I freak out not being able to talk to her and I know how missions are.  All these missionaries who are the only members in their family are really inspiring!  Leslea never used to wear a watch--she always said why do I need one?  That's what my phone is for.  The inversion thing is hilarious!  You know Utah…in the winters the "conversion" rolls in and doesn't leave forever!  If only that were true:)  As far as the snake..one time Leslea and I were doing the thing where you choose what you would rather do between 2 things you really don't want to do and she said she would rather hold a snake than let a tarantula crawl on her.  Mission accomplished:)  She doesn't look too upset about it--although it disturbed me that the snake looks like it's about to slither into her stomach:(  The last picture is with their district leader and his companion.  It must have been district meeting time.***








No comments:

Post a Comment