Monday, November 25, 2013

Ugly sweaters help the work move along:)

Hi :) How are you?

Things have been going pretty good- we sort of put someone on date!  Her name is Hilary and she is northern baptist (don't ask me what that means) and her husband Dave is LDS but inactive.  I was really nervous to ask her to be baptized (this was our second lesson- the lesson before I came in halfway through because we were on exchanges) because she has a lot of concerns and questions, and she really knows her stuff.  At the end of the lesson I asked her if she would be baptized and she said she already had been, so we asked her if she would read and pray about the Book of Mormon.  She said that if she got the answer that it was true, she would get baptized.  We asked her if December 21st would work, and she said that was probably too soon haha.  But we promised her we'd be here to help her and answer questions as she reads and prays, so I am really excited!   

We have three dinners on Thanksgiving so far, so I'm sure we'll be full!  I got your package- thanks!   I'm glad that you liked the pictures!  I am happy :) we are having fun and working hard.   We met with this older lady, Donna, who is Presbyterian and we brought a lady from the stake who is really into family history with us because Donna really likes family history.  They were able to talk and we gave Donna a Book of Mormon.  She says she's super Presbyterian and not interested, but she's really nice and we visit her sometimes because she is in a wheelchair and doesn't get out much. 

Noelle sent me an email before she left for Disney and it was really nice to hear from her.  Did you end up going to Gettysburg?  
I have heard from Jordan AND Chalane recently-they're both doing well. It's cool that we're all out on missions.  I'm pretty sure we can skype on Christmas.  We just use members computers and stuff.  From my music..... you could send classical and my choir stuff.  That'd be nice :)  Hmmmmm for Christmas.....just clothes and  maybe some more stationary and stamps?  

I got the pictures :D Juke looks awesome- haha.  I miss sunsets in VA!  Although we have some cool ones here too.  I miss music! Speaking of music, I heard "Looking for Love" at Costa Vida (another member took us there).  I swear that place is going to haunt me!  I always hear the most annoying songs there!  Although I love it because it makes me laugh and think of you guys.  Oh and this morning I was looking up something in the Bible Dictionary and found "Anise" in there!  Your name is in the BD :)  

I am excited for the holidays coming up- all of the wards are having Christmas parties and one ward is having an ugly sweater party so Sis Davis and I are going to the DI to try and find some good ones ;)  it should be awesome.  I'll make sure to take pictures.  
I love being a missionary.  I know this is the Lord's work and that I can do it because He is always there to help me.  When I am discouraged or tired, I just remember why I am here serving and that the Lord needs me to keep going so that everyone can know the truth and be happy.  
I heard some really cool quotes on humility the other day in church: 
"Humility is when a man can see something divine in every other man" and "when greatness does not come FROM them, but THROUGH them".  I really liked those and wrote them down so I can always remember that I am here to help others feel the spirit and recognize how much Heavenly Father loves them. 

I can't wait to hear from you!  I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving :)  I'll be thinking of you!  
Love,
Sister Wight 

PS- Every week a report is sent out to all the missionaries of who has been baptized, and one of the names from last week was 'Innocent Niyogusenga'.  I kid you not.         

No comments:

Post a Comment