Hi :)
I'm glad you got my pictures! People are already starting to put up Christmas decorations....way too soon. Oh I'm glad Sister Heiner sent the pictures to you. I didn't get transferred and I have the same companions :) I'm happy though. I wasn't ready to leave this area- I just got here!
It's been a pretty slow week. We don't have any investigators and we are trying desperately to find some. We've been going down the list of potential investigators in our area book and contacting them. One boy answered the door in just a towel. A very small towel! He said "Oh...are you guys christians...?" and we said "Yes, we're LDS" and he was like "Oh well I'm not interested" and all of this was while he was standing in just his towel....oh goodness. So anyway it's been pretty slow so we raked a lot of leaves as service last week- and we got a lot of lessons out of it so that was exciting! We raked Jennifer's yard (she's a potential investigator- the one that "broke up with us" last transfer) and then taught her and her brother the First Lesson. Her brother still had so many questions, but their dad kept saying how much he likes it here because everyone is so nice. So that was really good! Miracles. I know we will get some investigators soon. A lot of the appointments we set up just always fall through (they don't show up or cancel). But it'll turn around as we keep working :)
We listen to cd's in the car, and we also have these portable cd/dvd players. And yeah, I can have an ipod too but obviously only with appropriate mission music on it and stuff. Which means "music that is uplifting and not romantic or merely entertaining"....so we have some EFY cd's, some Josh Groban, Piano Guys, etc. OH! Speaking of music- Sister Davis and I ate at Costa Vida for lunch last week one day and while we were there I heard "Caribbean Queen" and "What Have You Done for Me Lately" in one sitting. I could not believe it. I can't get away from the 80's and the moving shoulders! But I secretly loved it. They've both been stuck in my head ever since....;) I'm excited for more cd's!
I hope you are feeling better-that sounds horrible :( I am so sorry- haha that is funny about what the doctor said though :) poor Mom. I hope your blisters went away. Let me know how you're feeling now though. I hope Juke is doing well too. Tell him I miss him and that I have the picture of him and I right by my bed! I put all of my pictures right by my bed. Oh and I hope Noelle is doing well too- and Heather! I miss them.
I pray that you and Dad and Juke are always doing well and that you all know how much you mean to me. I know it seems like so long before I get home, but once we get to January you can say that I'll be coming home next year! I know the Lord is blessing all of us while I am here, and when it is hard, I think of what you and Dad have taught me and that keeps me going. I love you so much.
Hope you are doing way, WAY better.
Love,
Sister Wight
PS- oh and also, we visited this less active family last week, and they had one of those pianos that plays itself! The lady put in some ABBA, so we got to hear Dancing Queen and Take A Chance On Me on a player's piano. The things that happen on your mission, I swear. :) Love you!
*Last week I had some crazy horrible bacterial infection and ended up in the ER in the middle of the night and the doctor told me I had the "angriest throat he'd ever seen" (hence the blisters)....great---anyway, things are much better now. As for the songs, I will just refer you to YouTube to view the Janet Jackson video "What Have You Done For Me Lately" and pay attention to the shoulders:)
No comments:
Post a Comment