Hello!
This past week was amazing! I love serving here in the Utah Salt Lake City South Mission. It brings me so much peace and joy to know that I can serve the Lord full-time for 18 months!
Last Thursday we had our Sisters Meeting, and it was amazing! We had lots of trainings by several Sister Training Leader's, and they all talked about how we can increase our faith one step at a time and know that we are pleasing our Heavenly Father. In our mission we have 5 "Core Beliefs", which are just little statements that we have memorized to help us remember why we're here and how we can be successful. They are:
1. I will learn, love, live, and teach the Doctrine of Christ. I am called to the work of the harvest; bringing souls to Christ and to the blessings of the Atonement will be my passion.
2. I will be a Preach My Gospel missionary and be exactly obedient to the Missionary Handbook.
3. I will fear no man. As the Lord's representative and in doing His work, I will boldly go forth and open my mouth to share the gospel with everyone.
4. I will strive daily through scripture study, prayer, and personal righteousness for the constant companionship of the Holy ghost. I will courageously follow his direction.
5. I will let the Sacrament change me each week as I use it to access the Atonement and to renew my covenants with the Lord.
The Sisters added another Core Belief especially for the Sisters of the mission:
6. I will walk tall as a daughter of a King and be confident in my self worth.
I love these Core Beliefs! They are always running through my mind throughout the day. They bring me clarity as to what I should be doing and motivation to do it!
I was able to sing at the meeting, and afterwards I was a wreck. I cried because I knew that it would be the last time I would sing at a mission meeting. But it's okay, I know I'll keep singing when I go home :) it's just bittersweet!
Our Stake also had Stake Conference this past weekend, and it was AMAZING. Elder Gavarret of the 70 came to speak to us, and he was hilarious. He focused a lot on the family and how if we strengthen our own families, we can be more loving ministers to others. President and Sister Chambers came to the evening adult session of Stake Conference - afterwards they came up to us and told us how much everyone loves us. President said that everyone talks about how great we are! That was so nice to hear because sometimes it feels like no one notices what we do, but I know that they do and that most importantly, the Lord sees our efforts.
Lately I've been feeling really close to the spirit. Even though I am almost dead tired almost all of the time, I am so happy. I love this gospel and I love this work! I know it is true and that if I live the principles of the gospel, I will be blessed. The commandments are designed for our happiness, because Heavenly Father knows best and He knows what we can become.
Well this email seems long enough doesn't it? I'll add some pictures! Have a great week!
Sister Wight
We all got a rose at the Sisters Meeting, these are some of my favorite Sisters :)
Us and the Sister that we live with, they fed us lunch yesterday (pork roast, so good!)
I made a new friend :)
Us with Sister Chambers
No comments:
Post a Comment