Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Happy 2015!


Happy New Year!  Can you believe its 2015?!
Well so far I am loving this year!  I am really excited for what this year will bring, and reflecting back on 2014 I have grown so much.  I have learned a ton and my testimony is so much stronger.  At least it seems that way to me! I love it here in the Riverton North Stake.  We are teaching a bunch of people and always seem to be busy.  Things are challenging, especially being a Sister Training Leader, but through it all I can still feel the spirit and the things that would normally stress me out don't seem to bother me as much anymore.  
Yesterday our whole mission fasted together for two purposes:
1. To know why we're here and our purpose
2. For every companionship to baptize someone in the month of January
I loved it!  Throughout the whole day yesterday people's testimonies at church or the lessons we heard and all of our lessons seemed to testify one thing:
HEAVENLY FATHER LOVES ME.  He loves you.  He loves all of His children so much, and the things we experience in this life are to help us learn and grow.  I feel like I am always saying that, but it's true!

https://www.lds.org/media-library/video/2014-07-006-the-hope-of-gods-light?lang=eng
This past year I have experienced a lot, and I've struggled a lot.  But it's okay because I know that God answers prayers.  There is no time frame for blessings, and if we aren't receiving an answer we just need to exercise our faith for a little longer and keep asking.  We have to keep working and keeping the commandments, and when we finally do obtain that answer, imagine how much stronger your testimony will be because you stuck to it and kept praying.  In the midst of that process, your heart changes.  My heart has changed and I am so happy that I can say I know that this gospel is true.  I testify that it is and that if you will have a little faith, even if you only have a desire to believe, Heavenly Father will work with that, and He will answer you.  I promise He will. 
In other knews, I'm not sick anymore and we're doing great.  We have a bunch of exchanges this week and a lot of lessons!  Hopefully we can get Peter progressing and strengthening his testimony!  Pray for him, Victoria, and Sydney.  Sydney is nine and will be baptized on the 31st :)
Have a wonderful week!
Love,
Sister Wight 





No comments:

Post a Comment