Hello Everyone :)
Well, this past week was fantastic! We had Zone Conference, where we found out that our mission will be receiving IPADS! Probably at the beginning of March - hopefully I'll get to see how missionary work is with technology before I go home! President Chambers was talking about how the work is hastening and how we have so many tools to help us accomplish this great work! He was joking about how advanced we will be in the future and said: "One day someone will say 'My son got his mission call!' 'Where to?' 'Jupiter!". I feel so blessed to live in this dispensation when we can do the work more efficiently than ever before!
We also found out about the TIWI. Every missionary who drives a car now has a little box that tells you if your seat belt is not on, if you're speeding, or if you're being a crazy driver. It has a really soothing robotic voice and lights that blink at you. Luckily, TIWI hasn't told me to slow down yet :) I'm a pretty good driver, I guess! Lots of exciting things are happening in the Utah Salt Lake City South Mission!
This past weekend we were able to be a part of Sydnie's Baptism and Confirmation :) it was such a sweet experience and I am so happy for her! She is the cutest girl on the planet and she will be such a good example to her family and friends! I know that this gospel is true and it will help us be truly happy if we are really striving to become more like the Savior. We were reading about the Tree of Life the night before Sydnie got baptized, and she said that we need to hold onto the Iron Rod so that we can keep the commandments the best that we can. I couldn't agree more! We need to keep our eyes on the tree and cling to the rod if we want to return to live with our Father in Heaven.
We have a new investigator! Her name is Stephanie and I've actually taught her before when I came to this area on exchanges last year. Her husband is a member of the church and she has been investigating for a while. She wants to know for sure that the Book of Mormon is true and that this is all true before she makes the decision to be baptized. We had a lesson with her and explained that maybe instead of asking if this is right, make the decision that it is right and then ask Heavenly Father if her decision is right. D&C 9 explains the feelings we will receive if we do this, and she explained that she gets "the warm fuzzies" when she goes to church and reads and prays. We told her that this is the spirit and that when we keep the commandments, we will feel that way always! Hopefully we'll make some more progress with her, I think she's already come far since the time I met her before.
I am excited for this week, I love this gospel and I know it is true!
Love,
Sister Wight
PS I'll forward some pictures of Sydnie!


No comments:
Post a Comment