Hello Everyone!
Hope everyone had a Happy Halloween! :)
This past week was very interesting! Everyone was pretty busy because of Halloween, so we weren't able to have a whole lot of lessons. But we did get to have a Zone Training Meeting on Halloween night, and one of our wards had a pretty fun Trunk-or-Treat. At Zone Meeting we talked a lot about obedience, and how our obedience shows our love for Heavenly Father and His son, Jesus Christ.
I am out here on my mission to help people feel love and happiness because of the Atonement. It doesn't matter how long it takes, I just keep on working and showing I care until people see that they need the peace that only the gospel brings. That takes a whole lot of patience. Yesterday we decided to fast for our investigators so that they would progress in the gospel and come to church, and none of them came to church! The lesson we had with one of our investigators canceled, and I was feeling a little down. Then this morning I stumbled upon this scripture:
"For unto such shall ye continue to minister; for ye know not but what they will return and repent, and come unto me with full purpose of heart, and I shall heal them; and ye shall be the means of bringing salvation unto them."
I just love this scripture. Whenever I feel like giving up, or I've done all I thought I could do, or something doesn't happen that I really wanted to happen, the Lord helps me see that there is always hope and another chance for all of us. And when I'm knocking on another door and nobody answers for the 10th time, the spirit helps me remember that the Lord stands at our door, and knocks until we open it for Him.
When we came home from our Zone Meeting on Halloween, the neighbors next door had dressed up like zombies (or were zombies) and chased us to our front door. They kept saying they wanted to ask us some questions. Maybe they were questions about the gospel, but I guess we'll never know :) I would've taken a pictures, but I was too busy running inside that I forgot to!
I am really excited for this week - I can't believe it's already November! Miracles are just waiting to happen.
Have a fantastic week!
Love,
Sister Wight
My favorite pumpkin of Halloween :)
It was super windy this past week, this is me with the Oquirrh Temple in the background
The first snow of the winter, this morning. Took this from our bedroom window….
I loved this pumpkin too!
My room and my desk
No comments:
Post a Comment