Hello Everybody!
Transfers were last week and I am back in Riverton! I am in the stake RIGHT NEXT TO where I served before (just to the east). I was sad to leave Herriman, since I was only there for 6 weeks, but I know that the Lord needs me here now. I have also been called to be a Sister Training Leader, which is about equivalent to being a Zone Leader for Elders. My responsibilities include making sure the sisters in our zone are doing well and to provide training during exchanges. My new companion's name is Sister Kushalieva- she is from Ukraine and she has been an STL for 6 weeks already. She is amazing! She works so hard and is so much fun. She has only been a member for about 3 years, and her testimony is strong. Both of us as STL's need to be good examples, as well as have an area that can be a model for other missionaries' areas. We also have a few extra meetings that we attend for training purposes. I am so so so excited! All of my STL's have been wonderful sisters and hard-working missionaries. I just hope I can help the sisters in our zone to feel my love and support, and the love and support of our Father in Heaven. I am honored to be able to serve them in this way and I am looking forward to the experiences I will have with them! I feel very inadequate, but I trust that the Lord will help me and guide me as I do my best.
I really like my new area so far- I have come here on exchanges ever since the beginning of my mission, and it was so funny that I was called here because I always felt like I would serve here. I guess Heavenly Father was trying to tell me something! I have had so many people tell me that I look familiar or that they feel like they've met me before...it is kind of crazy. No one ever tells me that. We have one investigator named Peter. He is so prepared! We have had two lessons with him, and he even said that he's probably always believed in what we taught him. He grew up Catholic, but he said he didn't really believe in everything he learned then. He just got married to a less active member of the church, and she really wants to increase her testimony. Yesterday we had a lesson with them and we asked Peter to pray. He said he had never prayed out loud or in the way that we pray before, so we taught him how and he did! He talked about how thankful he is for his family and how much he appreciated their love. Family really means a lot to him. I am so excited to keep teaching them :) we have dinner and a lesson with them tonight, so I will keep you updated! We are trying to find more people to teach, which is always hard, but I know that as we are diligent and obedient, the Lord will help us and bless us.
There is always opposition in all things. Last week on my first day in this area, Sister Kushalieva asked if people have been really mean or rude to me on my mission, and I said no. Ever since then, we have met some really...difficult people! Even though some experiences this week were really hard for me - I know that Heavenly Father loves me and that He is mindful of me. I know that Satan is just trying to get me down because I am trying so hard to keep working and doing my best. Satan wants us to be miserable just like him, but I know that Jesus Christ lives and loves me. He loves all of us, and He is there even when we feel discouraged, tired, frustrated, sad, angry, devastated, and every other emotion life throws at us. He is there! All we have to do is take His hand and He will lead us along until we have the strength to continue again. And even at that point, He is still there.
No comments:
Post a Comment