Hello!
This past week was great! We did a lot of tracting and talking to people, which was really fun. Sister MacGregor is really good at bearing her testimony all the time, so I am trying to follow her example and bear mine more often :) No one can deny your testimony, and I always feel the spirit the strongest when I share my testimony with others.
We had a lot more lessons than last week, which was fantastic! I have to share a miracle with you!
So a couple weeks ago in the beginning of the transfer, Sister MacGregor and I got a call from one of our Primary Presidents. She told us that a girl in her ward told her mom that she wanted to be baptized! She is ten years old and her name is Aspen. We went by their house to set up an appointment, and they couldn't meet until last Friday. But we had our lesson with Aspen, and she said that she wants to be baptized so she can have the gift of the Holy Ghost to protect her. She is such a sweet girl! She loved the lesson (we taught the Restoration) and said she wants to be baptized on November 29th. If that isn't a miracle, I don't know what is! We were so happy - we just want her to have those blessings that come from making such an important covenant with our Heavenly Father. Her family hasn't been to church in a long time, and they told Aspen that it's her choice whether or not she wants to be baptized. We are going to try our hardest to help them build their own testimonies so that they can support Aspen when she does get baptized and throughout her life. I am so excited for her and her family! This work is definitely the Lord's work! It is done is His way and in His timing. He knows best when people's hearts have been softened and when they are prepared for the gospel. We just need to listen to the Holy Ghost and share the our testimonies with everyone!
Yesterday at church I really enjoyed a talk in Sacrament meeting about how we can find joy in life. The Sister giving the talk spoke about service and repentance, and how if we truly find ways to serve others and make repentance a daily and happy process, we will find joy. I have found that to be true as I've studied and lived the gospel in my life and especially on my mission. There is nothing that can make us happier than the gospel of Jesus Christ, the Atonement being the center of the gospel. I love it, and I love sharing it with everyone!
I hope you all will have a wonderful week, and remember that our Brother and Friend, Jesus Christ, loves you more than you can comprehend.
Love,
Sister Wight
We made cookies to give to one of our investigators, but they weren't home so we tried to give them to so many other people and no one was home! So I was sad :( but we finally ended up giving them to our Stake President :)
Go cougars...? That thing was scary! Somebody actually killed that!
It's always so beautiful at night here! The temples glow from three different directions :)
No comments:
Post a Comment