Friday, November 21, 2014

Week of White

Hello!
Well, this past week was amazing.  It snowed for the first time!  It was pretty fun, and after we realized it was a lot colder than last week, Sister MacGregor and I bundled up and went to work!  We had a lot of really great experiences.  We kept running into people who were in need of prayers, hugs, and kind words.  I love being a missionary.  We get to talk to a lot of people and offer a lot of different kinds of service.
On Wednesday we went over to teach Aspen, and we found out her brother was really sick.  He hadn't been able to eat anything for several days.  We offered to find someone to give him a blessing, and Aspen's Mom, Pam, accepted!  The Bishop and one of his counselors came over later to give Aspen's brother a blessing, and when we said "Amen', I looked up and Pam was crying.  I know that Priesthood power is real and that it heals people.  Then on Friday we went back over for another lesson and he was eating and looked WAY better.  It was a miracle :) Then Pam came and sat in on the lesson because Aspen's friend and her Mom came, and the Mom is friends with Pam.  It was great :)  
And then on Sunday, the family who is taking her to church for us...forgot to pick her up, so she missed church.  We'll probably have to push her baptismal date back until December because she needs to go to church three weeks in a row.  We were really sad about that especially since we were fasting for her, but everything happens for a reason right?  That's what I keep telling myself!  I know it will all be alright, and everything will turn out the way its supposed to.  I am just in awe of how much the Lord is blessing us and their family.  
On Saturday night I was able to attend Daron's Baptism :) I taught him and his family in my last area.  Right before I was transferred here to Herriman, we took him and his Mom to General Conference.  The Sisters kept teaching them and he was able to be baptized!  He is 9 years old, and he has such a mighty spirit.  He knew the gospel before we ever even taught him.  His family is amazing, and they have worked so hard.  They were all so willing to change and accept the gospel so that they could see the blessings in their lives and come closer to Heavenly Father and our Savior.  I am so happy that I was able to be there, and when Daron's Mom said the opening prayer, the spirit filled the room and only got stronger and stronger.  
I know that this gospel is true, and it is the only path that is going to lead us back to our Heavenly Father.  That was made so apparent to me this week and was just reiterated at Daron's Baptism.  He is making the best choice he could possibly make, and I know it will bless him forever if he chooses to continue living the gospel.    
"Only the gospel will bring joy, happiness, and salvation to the human family"
"It is the only way of living that will bring peace of conscience and enable Heavenly Father's children to return to live in His presence" - Preach My Gospel, chapter 1
 
Have a wonderful week! 
Love,
Sister Wight 






Here is part of an email from Leslea's mission president we got last night--I'm not sure if she was transferred or if she stayed in Herriman--guess we'll find out next week;)




I am happy to inform you that Sister Wight  has been entrusted with a new assignment as a Sister Trainer Leader in the Utah Salt Lake City South Mission. I am confident that she will use and further develop her leadership abilities.

In this calling she will be expected to be an example to other missionaries under her direct supervision.  She will guide and motivate the missionaries and work with the zone leaders to help them lead more effectively.

No comments:

Post a Comment