Hello Everybody :)
So this past week was crazy! Sister MacGregor and I were both pretty sick, but we stuck through it after some resting, and we're both feeling a lot better. I think I either had allergies or a cold that started out with a super sore throat. Sister MacGregor made me this magic elixir though. It was water with honey, fresh orange juice, and a halls cough drop - it cured my sore throat right up! It was awesome.
Anyway, this past week we found 4 new investigators! We started teaching a man named Mike, who is Catholic. He is so nice and open to a lot of things! He has studied a lot about church history and really admires Joseph Smith for all of the persecution that he and the saints faced. We talked about the Restoration, and at the end when I extended the baptismal invitation to him, he paused and looked a little intrigued...and said yes! He agreed to read the Book of Mormon and pray about it. He even expressed interest in coming to the Primary Program. He loves kids and he told us he wants to get together a street hockey team that he can coach. He's a funny guy :) We had another lesson with him, but he had to go help his parents who are pretty elderly. He also didn't end up coming to church, which was sad :( but he will! I am really excited about him.
Our other investigators are Tammy and her two kids. They are so nice and just need a little refresher from when they took the lessons before. I'll keep you updated on them!
I've realized lately that we need to slow down and be patient with ourselves and others. We need to be careful of what we say, how we act, and even our thoughts. We are all trying to become like our Heavenly Father, and the way back to Him is through Jesus Christ. If we don't follow in His footsteps, where are we going?
I love you all and hope you have a wonderful week! Sorry there's not much to report on this week, those allergies/sicknesses just got the best of us!
Happy Halloween to you all :) I can't believe its been over a year since I left on my mission. I have learned so much and yet I feel like I'm still learning everything again each week! I know we are here on earth to learn, and my mission is showing me just how much potential I have as a missionary and a daughter of God. Don't ever forget that you are loved.
Love,
Sister Wight
PS:
- One of our Ward Mission Leaders has had this in his family since he was little...his name is Mr.PumpkinHead. So I had to take a picture- enjoy, Mom ;)
- One of our Ward Mission Leaders has had this in his family since he was little...his name is Mr.PumpkinHead. So I had to take a picture- enjoy, Mom ;)
I thought this sunset represented Halloween well :)
Just an example of the Halloween decor here
***The "Pumpkinhead" reference is because when Leslea was born she had this perfectly round head with pretty much no hair, so we started calling her "Little Pumpkinhead" and (unfortunately for her) it kind of stuck, like all her life:( but she's a good sport about it, and we only say it with the greatest affection:)***
No comments:
Post a Comment