Hello Everyone!
This past week has been wonderful! All of us sisters were able to have a sisters only meeting on Wednesday, and we talked a lot about who we are as people and as followers of our Savior, Jesus Christ. We talked about how we can be more Christ-like and choose to realize who our Heavenly Father sees us as, and who He knows we can be someday. I loved it!
On Thursday our mission was able to see a movie called "Meet the Mormons", which is easily one of the best movies I have ever seen recently! It is 6 vignettes about LDS people and explains who we are. It is fantastic! Please go see it, and invite your friends to come!
On Friday we found out that the family we had invited to conference couldn't come, so we were calling everyone we could think of to come to conference. We had 7 tickets! I think we ended up calling at least 30 people, and no one could come or wanted to come. Finally, right when we wanted to just give up and give the tickets away, we thought of calling Brandon. He said he would like to come! He loves learning about religion and he said he was interested in what it would be like. So we ended up taking him, our Bishop's daughter who just got home from her mission last Tuesday, and a less active mom and her son that we have been teaching for about 8 weeks or so. It was so fun, and the talks Brandon was able to hear were perfect. We went to the Saturday Afternoon session, and among the topics were: loving everyone, gaining a testimony of Joseph Smith, and following Jesus Christ by being baptized. It was amazing. Elder Holland even talked about caring for the poor. Brandon took notes all the way through and said he liked it! I am so glad we were able to take him, and that the spirit whispered to us to give him a call even though both Sister Mobley and I didn't think he would even be interested at all. While we were walking back to Trax after conference, he started singing "I Believe in a Thing Called Love", which only a few people may know. But I have to tell you, Mom and Dad. It was hilarious. We are so excited to follow up with him and help him to keep on progressing.
Sunday was amazing, too. I loved the talks, especially in the Sunday Afternoon session. The spirit kept confirming to me that the gospel is true. I know it is with all of my heart. When things are hard, the Holy Ghost comforts me, and I feel peace from my Savior because He knows how I feel. He knows how each of us feel.
Last night, we met a man named Lorin who grew up FLDS. At first we biked right by, but the spirit told me very strongly that we needed to go back and talk to him. Sister Mobley had the same impression, and when we went back to talk to him I am so glad we did! He is one of the nicest people I have ever met, and halfway into our conversation, he told Sister Mobley and I that we were beautiful inside and out. That's what I see in people who truly believe in and follow Jesus Christ. That's what I see in the apostles and prophet of the Lord. That's what I see in so many of my friends and family. I am so glad to be a missionary. I am so glad to know I am a daughter of God, and to know that everyone else are His children, too. Lorin said this: If God loves that person walking down the street right now, why shouldn't we? I know that we should.
My thoughts from conference, and from our experience being able to take Brandon and the others that we took to conference, include gratitude and love for my Heavenly Father and for those around me. I know Heavenly Father is aware of every single one of His children.
Love,
Sister Wight
**Bonus Pic "I Believe In a Think Called Love" by The Darkness:)***
No comments:
Post a Comment