Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Welcome to Hilly Herriman!

Hello Everybody! 
Well, I was transferred after almost 8 months in Riverton!  And I went super far away...all the way to Herriman!  My new companion is Sister MacGregor from Memphis, Tennessee.  She has been out for about 5 months and has been in this area for 6 weeks.  It is really interesting being the senior companion and not knowing the area, but I'm sure I'll know it soon enough.  My area is beautiful!  You can basically see all of Utah from where we're at.  So far, I love it here.  The people are so nice and our leaders are amazing.  There's not a ton of member missionary work going on and we don't have any investigators, but I know that we will soon.  I'm ready to work!  We live with a single sister upstairs, which is different than what I'm used to.  We cover 7 wards and its super hilly (since we're basically right by the mountains) so we just walk everywhere.  
Yesterday during Sacrament Meeting a lady came up and told us she wasn't in our ward, but that her daughter was and hasn't been to church in a long time.  She has kids that haven't been baptized, and some that were a while ago.  She asked us all to reach out to them - so after Sacrament we went up to her and wrote down her daughter's name so we can go meet her.  We will be going to see her very soon, so hopefully we'll be able to help them come closer to Heavenly Father and to feel welcome in their ward.  
I already feel at home here, which is wonderful since it was really, REALLY hard to leave Riverton.  On Tuesday I said goodbye to Tom, who I have taught since I arrived in Riverton.  He told me that he had looked forward to all of our lessons and always learned from me and my companions.  He started crying and told me that I was God-sent to him.  That meant so much to me.  I will miss Riverton so much, but I know the relationships I have made there will last forever.  I can't wait to go back and visit!  Just like Sandy :)  

Well, nothing else really to report yet, except that one of my new ward mission leaders looks like John Travolta!
This week we have Zone Conference, so I am really excited for that.  I love being a missionary! 
I know that we are all special to Heavenly Father.  He knows all of us, and He knows what will help us the most to progress.  One of my favorite quotes from conference is:
"The best paths in life are rarely the easiest"
I know that's true, and that as long as we rely on our Savior, we will be able to walk that path with Him, and be happy.             
Have a wonderful week!
Sister Wight 

ps-there's a place called Kneader's here that everyone loves-they had a sign that said "put your fat pants on"--apparently their french toast is good, but we went to have some last week and it wasn't good enough to tempt me;)


In remembrance of dad and Brad




Pumpkin patch on my last day in Riverton




Me with Tom and his sister


No comments:

Post a Comment