Hello!
This past week has been quite eventful! I am BEAT. Last Monday we said goodbye to our friend Sonya who is moving to Texas. She isn't a member and she's from Australia, (she was staying with some people in our stake for a few months) and we will miss her! She wrote down our emails so she can let us know if she ever makes it back to Utah. She is one of the nicest people I've met and while she wasn't that interested in taking the discussions, we definitely built a relationship with her that hopefully, she'll always remember. I know I will!
Last week we had 15 lessons! That is great! Our Stake President wants us to have at least 20 a week, so we're getting there :) We are BUSY, to say the least! But I like being busy, so it's wonderful having so much to do. We're still in the process of planning our huge stake activity, and it's a little stressful, but I am so glad we get to help the stake engage in something that will help them to do missionary work :)
Hilary Weeks came to our stake this past week! She is an LDS singer-songwriter, and she is so funny! She talked about how we can become instruments in the Lord's hands, and how we need to be aware of the words in our lives. She showed us some pictures of an experiment her family did. They cooked some rice and put it in two jars. They labeled one "Love" and one "Hate". They placed them in the same environments. They would say kind things to the love jar and mean things to the hate jar. After 6 days the hate jar had mold on the bottom, and after 2 months the hate jar was half empty and filled with mush, while the love jar still looked pretty good! It was crazy! Apparently, the vibrations in their voices reacted with the water in the rice, and the mean tones made the rice react badly while the nice tones helped the rice stay intact. We were all amazed! Our words really to make an impact, whether we think they do or not. She sang several of her songs, one of which was "I Am a Child of God". I used to make fun of that song when I was younger because we always sing it, but the words have really helped me as I have grown. They have especially helped me lately on my mission. I know we are all God's Children, and He really does love us. He is always there, listening to us.
This past weekend we did a lot of service! We helped a couple paint that just moved in. Brother Higgins is a member but he has not been to church in a long time. His wife isn't a member. They are so nice and cute! We painted their whole front room, and they have pretty high ceilings! I wish I had pictures, but I didn't have my camera that day :( it felt good to help somebody. Speaking of feeling good, on Saturday morning we headed over to a house in our stake to do a pretty big service project. It was us and a bunch of men from the Elders Quorum! They were cutting up big trees in a lady's backyard, and we stacked the firewood by her fence for her. She seriously has enough firewood to last her a lifetime! I loved doing that for her! She is pretty shy and doesn't accept a lot of help from her neighbors, so we were really happy that we could all help! We're even having dinner with her and her daughters tomorrow night. I'm not sure if any of them are members or not, so this will be a fun experience :)
And to top it all off, the Women's Meeting on Saturday night was amazing. When we all sang "I Am a Child of God" I felt the spirit so strong. I really do know we are all His children. He loves us no matter what, just like President Uchtdorf talked about. I can't wait until conference so we can hear even more from our prophet and apostles :) what a big blessing to have them on the earth! We might be going to conference this time, so I'll let you know next week!
Well, I better get going! I love you all and pray for you.
Sister Wight
Our Bishop rented a replica of Mater from the movie "Cars"
Another prop that our Bishop rented
One of my favorite families :)
We try to take pictures of ourselves...I really do have a pumpkin head
"All right-who wants some? Who's next, huh? How 'bout it?"
***If you're wondering what the above quote means, you wouldn't know unless you've seen "Army of Darkness"--and it takes too long to explain:)***

No comments:
Post a Comment