Hello!
This past week has been amazing. I can hardly wait to tell you all what happened!
On Friday we had exchanges - I stayed here in my area and my Sister Training Leader, Sister Verkist, was my companion. Sister MacGregor went with Sister Lewis :) (love you, Sister Lewis!). Sister Verkist and I did a lot of contacting. We knocked on some random doors and almost everybody answered their doors, which is amazing since a lot of people normally aren't home in the afternoons. We had a little bit of time before our lesson that evening, and there was a house with the name "Mobley" on it (shout out to Sister Mobley!) so of course I had to go find out who lived there. We knocked and met a man named Mike. After talking with him a bit about the gospel, he said he wasn't really interested in us coming back, so we asked him about his family. His wife and daughter are in China right now, and he really misses them. He was really happy because they'll be coming back home soon. I testified that he could be with his family forever, and he agreed to let us come back! It was wonderful!
We also went to someone's house to ask her about her neighbors, and they had parakeets that flew out and landed on our heads! So we walked inside so they wouldn't fly away. Good thing I'm not afraid of birds, because they kept flying back onto our heads during our conversation.
Anyway, we worked really hard that day and I'm sure the spirit was helping us, because I have no clue who lives anywhere, but almost every house we knocked on were nonmembers! After exchanges, Sister MacGregor and I were walking around on Saturday night, and decided to knock on a random door. We walked up to the door and it was open because they were having a "Maxi Skirt Party", and I felt that we should go inside even though we probably didn't need to go shopping for any skirts. Right after we went inside, the lady who was hosting the party came up to us and told us about her neighbor who had just moved in next door, who had been taking the missionary lessons before. We went straight over to introduce ourselves and asked her if she wanted to keep taking the lessons. She said YES! She is living with her boyfriend and all of their kids, but they said they are planning on getting married soon. I am so excited! My testimony was strengthened so much of following the spirit even in weird environments, and taking referrals seriously! I will keep you updated on what happens with her family :)
Speaking of referrals, we received another referral for a 10-year-old girl who wanted to be baptized a few years ago, but wasn't. One of our Primary President's called us and told us about her and that she wants to be baptized now. I am amazed at how much the Lord is blessing us. He wants His work to move forward! I can't wait to see what this week and this transfer brings!
No comments:
Post a Comment