Monday, September 1, 2014

"The Terminator"

This past week has been great! I found out from some people in the first ward that they have been calling me "The Terminator" since all of my companions leave after one transfer with me.  I laughed so hard at that :) BUT we made it through transfers and we are both staying right here in Riverton :) We are both really happy because there are many miracles happening!
A couple transfers ago I randomly met a 19-year-old named Brandon, who has dreadlocks and wears interesting shirts...he also smokes. But he is so nice and has a lot of questions.  A lot of the time we will be biking around and I'll have a feeling that we should see if he's home.  The spirit works!  Last week I had a feeling we should go over, and he ended up being there.  We asked him if he would come to church and if he was interested in taking the discussions, and he seemed a little hesitant so I sang him "Lord, I Would Follow Thee" and afterwards he agreed that he would like to learn more.  We are so excited to keep teaching him!
We are in the process of planning a stake activity to include less actives and nonmembers, and we are super pumped about that!  We want it to be service-oriented and fun :) any ideas would be greatly appreciated! 
I have been feeling really happy lately because I know that things happen in the Lord's time.  I know there's always a purpose for the things we go through, and if we endure in faith we will always learn and grow. 
I want to write more but the computer is really slow and I'm running out of time!
I'll try and send pictures!

Love you!

Sister Wight



My district

We hiked up in Bells Canyon last week on pday! So pretty


A sheep just for you, Mom :)


One of the less actives we teach- he had shoulder surgery and this is how he answered  the door :)


Another "no soliciting" sign--this one's probably pretty effective;)


We were biking and found a plum tree!  They looked pretty weird but they were super good!



Eye freckles and neon plums


At one of our dinners we had chicken rolls! Not as good as yours, Mom :)


No comments:

Post a Comment