Our pday switched to Tuesday this week because we are going to the Draper Temple later on today. Yesterday was an amazing day, and I just wanted to share the experiences Sister Mobley and I had with all of you!
We started off our day with a District Meeting, and the past week or so has been pretty hard. We hadn't found people to teach, the people we had found weren't really turning out as we had planned, and we were getting a little discouraged. At District Meeting we always have some time to share the miracles we've seen, and Sister Mobley and I didn't share anything while every other companionship did and they saw all of these amazing miracles in their work. Well after that meeting, we had lunch with the Van Komen's and helped them do some yard work since they're pretty old (they are the couple from Holland). :) Then we met a man named Darius who said he was Lutheran but didn't go to church. I asked him if he still believed in Jesus Christ, and he said yes. So I replied "Well, He's who we're talking about, so when can we come back and visit with your family?" and he told us to call him next Tuesday! It was so awesome :) Last night we had a lesson with a less active man we teach (who we met one day last transfer randomly and talked to in his front yard). The transformation that has happened in him in a miracle in and of itself! His two grandsons always run off and play when we come, but this time they both stayed because we taught our lesson using fun activities :) and we told them they'd like it. They are really smart and seemed to understand the lesosn really well! Their names are Tave and Xander, and at the end of the lesson we asked them if they had been baptized and they said no. We asked them if they'd like to, and they both said yes! So we asked them to ask their Mom if they can continue the lessons and if they can get baptized. It was so amazing! We went over to teach Brother Kinsley, and we had no idea all of this would happen! His wife and daughter are also not active. Our ward mission leader even showed up at the end of the lesson to say hi to the Kinsleys, who said they have never met nicer people than the ones in this neighborhood. I know that everything happens in the Lord's timing. I know He answers my prayers and that He is blessing us by helping us find His children that need to have the chance to learn about the gospel. When we walked out of that house, Sister Mobley and I just hugged each other and laughed/screamed! I cried the whole bike ride home! Miracles really do happen. It may take time, and it may take a lot of patience and hard work, but they happen. After the trial of our faith...(Ether 12:6). Ever since I have come to this area I haven't seen any baptisms or really even any investigators that progressed towards baptism in our stake (Mickele was in the YSA stake), and I was really struggling with feeling like I wasn't helping at all and that nothing I was doing even amounted to anything. And even though I know that that is Satan, and that I have been helping a lot of people, yesterday just helped strengthen my testimony so much. I feel so humbled and so blessed that Heavenly Father would guide us so much and lead us to His children that need help. We found three new investigators just yesterday when usually we try to find three per week. I feel Heavenly Father's love for me. I know He loves each of us and that our Savior knows how we feel. He is always there when we go through our own trials of faith, no matter how big or small they may seem. That knowledge has helped me so much these past few weeks. I love this gospel and I love the Lord so much. The gospel is true, and we are becoming so much more through the help of our Savior and His Atonement than we could ever become by ourselves.
Love,
Sister Wight
Thank you so much to Mom, Dad and Juke for the flowers! I LOVE them:)
Us with Brother Van Komen, about to go do yard work in our skirts and his huge boots!
No comments:
Post a Comment