Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Answers to Prayers are "Super Fresh"

So I would like to start out with a story!  This past week we have been contacting a lot of referrals, and one night I had a prompting that we needed to go to a certain house we had tried lots of times before.  We went and they weren't home, but then I felt another prompting to go next door.  We ended up meeting a Japanese exchange student who was here in America to teach in an elementary school for a few weeks.  He accepted a Book of Mormon!  I know that if we follow the spirit, no matter how weird or random or silly the prompting, we will see miracles! 
The next day we went back to that house where no one had answered, and a boy named Derek answered.  He is about my age and has been baptized.  His parents aren't members though, but he said they take the missionary discussions about every year!  he smelled like smoke and had a bunch of tattoos, one of which said "Super Fresh" across his chest (he wasn't wearing a shirt, that happens a lot to us!) but he was really nice and told us his friend, who recently returned from his mission, takes him to church.  It was pretty cool!  We'll be going back there.
So our lesson with Shelby fell through.  Her mom planned a hair cut when we were supposed to meet with Shelby, so we tried to reschedule but she never replied to our texts.  Pray that we will be able to meet with her!  We know it will work out.  We also had a lesson at Temple Square set up for tonight with a family that have foster boys living with them, but that fell through as well.  I know there's a reason for these things happening - "When God closes a door, he always opens a window"  - I think that's the quote....anyway!
Yesterday at church we got a text from our Stake President saying he wanted to meet with us, so we met him at his office and he told us the Area 70 had come to speak with him about the stake.  He is a recently returned Mission President and they talked about Missionary Work.  As a result of that visit, our Stake President now has a goal for one baptism per ward by the end of the year, and 3 per ward for next year.  We were so excited!  That's 8 more for this year and 24 next year!  I was so happy that we have some direction and specific goals to get the members in our stake excited about!  The work is definitely hastening and this was an answer to my prayers!  Heavenely Father always answers our prayers, I promise!  Even if we don't think He does, He really does.  
Transfers are this Wednesday and I always have NO IDEA what's going to happen :) we'll see next week!  I have loved it here in Riverton.  It has been very hard, but I am learning so many things and meeting so many wonderful people!
I'm trying to send some pictures :( hopefully it will work!
Love,
Sister Wight 


This is us making salsa-




Us running from the cops right before we were arrested--just kidding--this is the Relief Society President's sister's police car:)


Us at our table we set up at a garage sale-

People in Utah are crazy with the "No Soliciting" signs





This rainbow was a full rainbow! But we were in a car so you cant see it :( I've seen more rainbows here than EVER


One of our crazy sunsets here! 

We were biking and I got a flower in my helmet :)


No comments:

Post a Comment