Tuesday, September 23, 2014

And it came to pass that there were no letters in the land for the space of many days...

Hello Everyone!
First, to explain my title....please write me!  I haven't received any letters in a long time :( But thank you to everyone who has sent me little gifts and surprises!  I have loved them :) they always brighten my whole week!
Well this past week has been great! We were able to attend the Draper Temple last Tuesday, and we were almost late but made it just in time!  I love the Temple :) as I was in the Celestial Room a scripture came to mind: Joshua 1:9.  I love this scripture, and I know that our Heavenly Father really is always there for us.  He will be there to listen, to love, and to answer our prayers.  Speaking of Temples, we were able to attend the Ogden Temple Re-dedication which was broadcasted to our stake center.  I loved it!  Elder Bednar spoke, and he is one of my favorites.  President Monson shared this scripture in his talk: John 14:27.  I love that scripture too! We can always receive peace from the Savior, no matter what is happening around us. 
We had another lesson with Shelby and talked about the Plan of Salvation.  I asked her to be baptized and she paused and said...."Probably".  That was good enough for me!  Haha just kidding, I guess a probably is better than nothing!  She is really shy and we aren't quite sure if she's taking the discussions because her best friend is lds or because she really wants to become a member of the church.  She says she feels peace when she goes to church, so we are going to continue working with her!  She is a great girl :)

I found one of my new favorite quotes: "It is better to be kind than right".  That is so true...I have found that it is a LOT BETTER TO BE KIND TO OTHERS THAN TO TRY AND BE RIGHT ALL THE TIME.  Woah - sorry that was in all caps!  Hopefully you'll remember what I said now ;)
We had a meeting with our Stake President and all of our Bishops where our Stake President told everyone he created a facebook account for our Stake.  He put our big activity on there too!  It is called "Take It or Leave It" and it is a huge clothing exchange.  After everyone comes to take clothing they need, we will donate the rest to a homeless shelter in Salt Lake City.  As people "shop", we are going to have live entertainment from less active and nonmember people in our stake :) we even have someone performing who is from the a capella group called "Voice Male".  Look them up!  Anyway, we are super excited!  We want a bunch of people to come and it will be on November 1st.  The news is spreading fast around the stake :)
Has anyone heard of the movie "Meet the Mormons" that is coming out October 10th?  A member in one of our wards works in the finance department for the church and knows a lot about it!  He said if you go online and register to see it, they will put the movie in more theaters around the country so more people can watch it.  So find out how to register!  It sounds like a great movie :) and the trailer is online. 
Alrighty, well that's all for now!  I'll attach some awesome pictures for you to see :)
Love,
Sister Wight
PS Later today we will be burning some items for my year mark!  I'll take pictures.

Here's a picture of my district in front of the temple...don't we just look heavenly?




I love this quote!  I had to take a picture 



We set up chairs for the re-dedication.....



Sister Mobley and I yesterday :) people always ask us if we're twins.......



I'm on the "Stairway to Heaven"  :)



No comments:

Post a Comment