Hello All!
This past week was amazing! We had Zone Conference on my Birthday, where we talked a lot about the worth of our souls and how our Heavenly Father loves us all so much. We also talked a lot about sacrifice and how when we accepted our call to come on our missions, we promised Heavenly Father that we would put all of our desires, dreams, wishes, wants, hopes, fears, and whatever else on the altar and sacrifice all of that for this time that we have to serve. I get to serve with all of my heart, might, mind, and strength! What a great calling!
I had a lovely birthday and all of the missionaries at Zone Conference even sang to me! Some of the members here dropped off little surprises for me and everyone was really sweet-it feels great to be 20! No longer a teenager :) I feel older and wiser already.
SO we ended up not teaching the FLDS family...they were trying to "set us up" to convert us. Sad, but we met another man who goes to the AUB church...I can't remember what it stands for but he told us he has three wives-this is the real deal Utah we're dealing with here! He seemed genuinely interested in learning more though. There is an older couple who has had experience teaching polygamist and FLDS people, and they are hopefully going to accompany us to the lessons, so I'll keep you updated! We're excited :) we haven't seen Roberta in forever, she is on vacation- pray that when she gets back she'll want tot keep meeting with us!
Things here are really picking up. In Testimony Meetings yesterday everybody was talking about missionary work and one member even got up and told everybody she had been thinking about a scripture I shared with her about a month ago and how she couldn't get it out of her head! It was 2 Nephi 31:20. We must press forward in this great work. The Lord is hastening His work and we can either keep up with His pace or get left behind...its much easier to walk with Him than to follow from a distance. I love you all and hope you have a wonderful week!
I am excited for this next week, miracles are happening!
Some more pictures for your enjoyment...:) Some Sisters and I at Zone Conference and
LOVE,
Sister Wight
The horse head is for you, Mom. They follow me even to Utah :)
No comments:
Post a Comment