Monday, August 11, 2014

Time Flies When You've Served for 11 Months!

Hello All!
This past week was great!  We had a lot more lessons than usual! We had a Zone Meeting where we talked about our Mindset and Vision of the goals we have and how we will accomplish them.  Ever since then we have been trying really hard to focus on our goals and try our hardest to meet them - it's been working!
Last Monday we had a neighborhood BBQ and got totally rained out!  It even started hailing, and the family we wanted to come had showed up but then they ran back into their house :( BUT it was alright because the other people in the neighborhood went over to talk with them so it was a great fellowship moment. 
We started teaching a couple who are less active and have two kids.  One of them is about to turn 8 and our Bishop asked us to go over and see if they'd like us to come over and help them get back to church and prepare their son to get baptized.  They're so fun and nice, and we asked the Elders if they could come over and bless their home (they told us some weird stuff had been happening in the basement where they live).  As soon as our District Leader started the prayer to bless their home, the spirit was immediately there and it felt a lot better in their home.  The Priesthood is real!
Speaking of the Priesthood, we had another lesson with Brother Tipping, who is a polygamist.  We brought some members from the ward along and taught the Restoration.  Brother Tipping has a strong testimony, and we invited him to pray and find out if the church is true.  We focused on the Book of Mormon and how if the church isn't called in Jesus Christ's name, it isn't the true church.  He said he'd pray about it and then the members we brought bore their testimonies and the spirit was so strong!  They talked about the Priesthood and it was perfect!  Members are so awesome, and I am glad they were willing to come along and help Brother Tipping to feel the spirit. 
Tonight we will be doing a service project for Rob and Laurie, a couple that moved into one of our wards.  They are the nicest people ever.  Rob is less active, and we believe Laurie is not a member of the church.  She started asking us how the missionaries are called to their specific missions and told us that we were special for getting called to Utah :) we invited her to Temple Square and she said she'd love to go!  We're excited, she is amazing and we feel so good about her and Rob.  They aren't married, but we can see them being sealed together for eternity.  The temple is our goal for everyone we meet! 
Well this upcoming week we have a special Mission Tour.  Elder Don R. Clarke is coming to speak to us and guess who gets to sing? I will be singing "I Stand All Amazed".  I am really excited to be able to sing!  Sister Mobley told me I sound like Ursula from the Little Mermaid...but when she's a human and pretty.  I guess that's a compliment, right?
I just wanted to end by bearing my testimony!  I know that this gospel is true.  It is SO true.  I love serving here in Utah, I love meeting people, I love helping them feel the spirit in their lives.  I love being able to say that I am a missionary representing the Lord.  It will be a very sad day when I have to take my tag off.  But enough about that!  I'll email you next week! Have a wonderful week everyone :)
Love,
Sister Wight 


Happy Birthday to Juke!  I hope you guys had fun on Saturday and that you have a great day today :) I miss him and make sure to give him a big hug for me.  
I put the picture of him and I in the car in the front of my scriptures so I can show people what he looks like :) I look at it just about every day.  I miss him and LOVE HIM--  I can't believe he's so old!





We taught Gospel Principles :) 



We walked out of a house after a storm and this is what we saw!











No comments:

Post a Comment