Hello!!!
This past week was AWESOME! Last Monday we did a little service project with our Relief Society President's family and cleaned up the yard for a couple that just moved into one of our wards. It was fun! Then we had Family Home Evening with an amazing family who really wanted to help us out. They told us the story of how they got engaged and he said he had put the ring in his sock. Sister Mobley thought he meant he just stuck the ring in there without the box and he said "Yeah I was just wearing it as a toe ring, so when I asked her to marry me she had to take off my shoes and socks first". It was so funny- I don't think I've laughed that hard in a long time!
Right after we got back from the conference, I had a feeling that we should go see a teenage girl who's older sister had taken the lessons several years ago. We went to her house and she wasn't home. I got another feeling we should go next door to her friend's house, and she was there! We have an appointment set up for this week :) Her name is Shelby. Pray for her and that her parents will let her take the lessons (they aren't super supportive).
We helped at a yard sale this past Saturday and set up a table with free lemonade and pamphlets! It was fun, even though Sister Mobley and I got sunburned. Not too bad, though. We were able to meet several people and hand out some pass-along cards. We have to keep things interesting and find creative ways to share the gospel and find people to teach :)
We heard there was going to be a flash flood this past week, but it rained for about ten minutes and then it totally cleared up and was sunny. Utah weather is insane.
I have seen this area grow and progress since I've been here for almost 6 months. Things are getting so much better and everyone is so helpful! I am so happy to be here serving the Lord. It is hard, but it is so worth it. I wouldn't trade the things I am learning and the people I'm meeting for anything.
No comments:
Post a Comment