Well Hello!!!
This past week was awesome! Sister Mobley and I are feeling really great about the area and everything that is happening! We have been meeting so many different and interesting people. The Lord keeps placing us in exactly the right place at exactly the right time and I know the spirit is guiding us to the people Heavenly Father wants us to talk to.
A couple months ago I contacted an older couple and when we knocked on their door, they opened it, saw us, and closed it. We were biking past their house last week and Sister Mobley asked me if I had met them before because they had a moving sign out front. I told her I had but we both felt like we should go offer them help. We asked if they needed help and they told us they could use some tables for their yard sale, so we got some tables for them from their neighbors across the street and helped them set up. When we first offered to help they seemed really wary of us, but they definitely warmed up to us and by the time we were done helping them they were telling us about themselves and offering us some of the things they were getting rid of. I know that when we show people love, they will feel God's love for them through us. Don't forget to serve others! :) You never know when they might need help or when your kindness will brighten their day.
We have been contacting a LOT of people! I don't think I've talked to this many people in such a short time! Whenever the members tell us about somebody that we SHOULDN'T contact because they will be mean, we go anyway. Who are we to say that they might not accept the gospel this time, right? So we've been going to see these people, and everyone has been SO kind to us! One lady who used to be LDS gave us a CD (her husband is a musician in the Lower Lights- (if you listen to their music you'll know why my title is "Yeehaw"). But we went to go visit a random house and a lady named Laurie answered. She told us she loved to travel and had learned about a lot of religions but didn't really believe in any organized religion. She said her daughters are all LDS but that she wasn't. We asked her if she'd be interested in learning more and she said she'd taken the discussions about 3 times! She doesn't have any problems with doctrine, but she says she has a problem with the "culture". I have seen this concern a lot, and while it is hard to help people realize that the gospel is true but the people aren't perfect, I know if we have the spirit and we truly love and help her, she will feel that our message is true and nothing else matters besides her personal relationship with Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. We'll be going back there, I'll keep you posted! :)
Speaking of doctrinal differences, we met a family who are Fundamentalists, but they don't practice polygamy. It was a very interesting experience. They wouldn't exactly tell us what church they belong to, but that they believe in Fundamentalist beliefs without the polygamy part. They invited us back to their house, so we will find out if they sincerely want to accept the gospel or if they are just going to fight with us. We really want to help them, they have 9 kids!
I wish I could remember all of the little experiences to tell you, but that's impossible :) I know that the Lord really is leading this work. He is hastening His work, and we can either do it our way or His way. His way is by the spirit and by working together in harmony. Nothing is a coincidence, if there's one thing I've learned out here, it's that!
I Love You ALL and hope you have a great week! I'll be thinking of you and praying for you :)
Sister Wight
PS Thanks in advance for the birthday wishes! :) I'm sure I'll have a wonderful day!
***Leslea's birthday is today (July 29) and she is 20! It looks like she celebrated at a member's house yesterday (pday) so she got some "Death by Chocolate" which is one of our family favorites. I'm not sure if they knew she liked it or if it was just random. Anyway, the members are really nice and I'm glad they are so good to the missionaries!***
No comments:
Post a Comment