Hello!
Well this past week has been AWESOME. Last Monday my Zone Leaders gave me some talks about Faith, and at first I put them aside to read later, but I kept feeling I needed to read them. I read them all in one night. They talked about how Faith is power. Faith is something we have to continually keep nurturing and strengthening if we want our faith to increase. I've known this since we often talk about faith as missionaries and throughout life. But this was one of those times when I was smacked in the face and realized I needed to work on my personal faith! Since then I have been studying the scriptures and looking for evidences of what faith is and how it works. My favorite reference so far is Alma 32:26-27. Even if you just have a tiny desire, you can let that desire grow and grow and grow until your faith is sure and you see miracles in your life. SO all of that being said, as soon as I focused on my faith and started strengthening it, we saw so many miracles.
Two families in two of our wards took us around their neighborhood to meet their nonmember friends (usually the members don't want us to mention to the families they tell us to visit that they sent us over), another member invited a nonmember to church and she said yes, we handed out two Book's of Mormon on the street, another nonmember came to all of church, AND we have a new investigator (Roberta)! I cannot even express how much faith WORKS. I know it does, and when we turn to our Father in Heaven and trust Him, knowing that blessings will come, they do. And we will see them as miracles.
So I'm feeling really great! We're going to see Roberta later this week, depending on whether I'm here or not! Transfers are this week, so we'll see what happens! I will be sad to leave, but I guess whatever happens is what needs to happen, right? :) There are a couple neighborhood breakfasts coming up this weekend that should produce lots of people that normally don't come to any church activities, so that will be fun. I'll send pictures! We've been so busy weeding that I haven't taken very many pictures :) Oh and also, for everyone who has asked me if I'm on a bike- we have a car every other week so no, I don't ride a bike all the time. Usually we walk if we don't have a car, but sometimes we break out the bikes, depending on how busy we are. We can usually get rides from people if its a week where we don't have the car.
Well have a wonderful week :) Love you all!
Sister Wight
PS Can you believe I've been out 10 months? Time is flying!
PPS Also, now that its so HOT, the spiders want to come live inside with us. That is NOT okay.
No comments:
Post a Comment