Monday, July 21, 2014

Seeing eye dogs?---how about missionary "helper dogs"


Hello!
Well I stayed in Riverton!  My new companion is Sister Mobley, who was Sister Lewis' companion in the MTC and Sister Gough's companion until now.  Small world, right?  Also, my MTC companion is with Sister Garretson now :) so fun! I was sad to see Sister Stockwell go, but I know we'll keep in touch.
This past week has been amazing!  We have talked to many people and we have so much potential this week to start teaching more people-we asked Roberta to be baptized in our lesson this past week and she said she would as long as she gets an answer that it is all true.  She believes it is but wants a confirmation before she moves forward.  We are excited for her and know that things will work out.
We gave a Book of Mormon to a young lady who was selling Winder Milk, and I promised when I got home that I would buy some of their products.  She said she was Catholic and that her grandma was rolling over in her grave because she took the book, but we testified of it and she ended up taking it!  We also gave one to a foster boy that's living with a family in one of our wards.  I have a testimony of testifying-no one can deny your testimony :) we also contacted a Buddhist lady who told us she wouldn't mind talking with us some more, and a young man who told us to come back this upcoming week.  Miracles are happening! 

We were fasting yesterday so we will find more people to teach, and during church a brother that I know well came up and said he had someone for us to teach. There is an Australian lady living with them who agreed to let us teach her when the family asked her if she would be interested.  I am amazed at how many things are happening-it's awesome!  I know that as we show Heavenly Father our faith and trust in him, we are happier and He will pour out blessings.
Sister Mobley is quite a character- she is from Georgia and has been out for about 4 months.  She is amazing!  She is sassy and we are both sarcastic, so it gets pretty interesting :) she is a great missionary and we are both excited for some amazing things to happen this transfer! She totally wiped out on her bike last week, but this week we have the car so we should be alright.
I'm glad to still be here in Riverton.  It has been hard but there is so much potential here that we are just beginning to see :)
Love,
Sister Wight
PS We had a lesson at one of our dinners, and we looked over to see their dog poking his head over the table, so I put my scriptures in front of him.  We all almost died :)

 We saw this on someone's porch....maybe he wants to learn about the gospel 































No comments:

Post a Comment