Hello!
I'm doing pretty great! I'm waiting to get super sick or for some random health issue to pop up because I guess that's usually what happens to people once they get on their missions (or at least to my companions so far) but I've been feeling great! I'm not sure what kind of snake I was holding in the picture - the scaly kind? We did figure out everything with our investigator-President Chambers said that we can continue teaching her, and she is doing so well. We have a lesson with her tonight and I can't wait. Lessons with her are surreal. She is seriously a golden investigator! We think she will be baptized at the end of the month. Also, we have another investigator now. Sister Davis and I visited him a bunch (he is a former investigator) and he finally said yes to meeting with Sister Garretson and I (well, more like he finally showed up to a lesson) and our first lesson went great. He might take a little more time because he has some concerns, but he is willing to go to church and he already reads the Book of Mormon and prays. It is amazing to see the hand of the Lord as He prepares people for the gospel. Our song did go well- Zone Conference was amazing. We talked about a lot of things like missionary conduct, how to manage stress, and how to ask inspired questions (which basically means how to rely on the spirit during lessons). It really helped me and I love President Chambers. He told us that he thinks about us all everyday and that he can see our potential as missionaries but also as people. I love him very much- I can see why he is my mission president.
This past week was pretty good! I cannot believe that tomorrow is my 5 month mark! Only a year left Mom! Next year this time I'll be gearing up to come home! See how fast it's gone? Well, I hope its going fast for you. All the moms here with missionaries out say that the first few months are super slow but its speeds way up after that, so you should be alright now :) I've heard from Sister Tanner recently, and she's doing well. Haven't heard from Hermana Scott in a little while, but I'm sure she's alright. I should email her. I hear from Mikey every week and Grama and Noelle. Jose emails me every week too, and he seems to be doing great. I'm glad he sends you pictures too- haha. I can tell he loves being a missionary (I think he might be a little weird when he gets home) ;)
I think I'll probably have the car as long as I'm in this area but who knows? I hope I get to walk/ride a bike in the summer because its easier to talk to people that way. Do you know how awkward it is to stop the car and get out to talk to someone who's walking outside? My bike is just in the garage of the house where we live.
The air is still bad but it's alright. We've actually been getting a lot of "moisture" here lately, so it kind of feels like Virginia to me since there's a form of water in the air. We have a humidifier on at night because its so dry and it seems to help. Oh and by the way, everyone here says "moisture" in every prayer. If I come home saying moisture instead of rain, please smack me.
I'm so glad Juke has been doing so well! I look at his pictures all the time. When I get home he is going to look so old and tall. I cannot believe he is almost 19. I hope he continues to be good for you and Dad. The other day Sister G and I visited a family and this lady had 10 kids and they all had some form of Autism, plus other things too. It was amazing how she could handle all of them. Their house was a mess and she seemed a little frazzled, but she treated them all so nicely and her kids were very nice to us. She told us that her mom had just passed away and that her grandson had just been born this past week, plus they almost had to move out of this house they're renting. I told her about Juke and I'm glad I could connect with her in that way. I seriously find myself either thinking about or talking about Juke (and you and Dad) everyday. Thank you for everything you have taught me. I am so blessed to have you as my Mom and for all the experiences you and Dad and Juke gave me and helped me through. I love you.
I won't open the package until Valentine's Day! Speaking of, Happy Valentine's Day! I hope you and Dad do something fun for the day. I'll miss getting your Valentine treats :( but I'm excited for your package! It seems like Valentine's Day last year just happened! Geez!
The things I miss from Virginia....the humidity (weird, I know), the people (you guys), and honestly I miss driving in Virginia and feeling claustrophobic because of the trees. But I know I'll miss the mountains when I come home. I miss going places with you and the fam.
Heck yeah I'm going to grow out my hair! I want to see how long it will get! I might get it trimmed soon though, since I haven't touched it since last August. I want to see yours! Send me pictures of you and the boy and the father. Oh and yes, I got the pictures of you and Dad with the shark- I busted up laughing. They were awesome :) they made my day! Let me know what happens with the kitchen.
Well, have a wonderful week and a lovely Valentine's Day! I LOVE YOU!
Sister White/Wite/Wright
PS Funny story of the week- we talked to this guy on the street who was selling insurance or something and gave him a pamphlet about the Restoration with our phone number on the back of it, and he called us the next day to invite us to a party. We told him that if he ever has any questions about THE CHURCH, he could call us. I can't make this stuff up.
***Uhh, the time is still not going fast for me….but maybe in another month the magic time-speed will begin. Sister Tanner and Hermana Scott were Leslea's roommates last year at BYUI. They are in California and Honduras. They left a few months before Leslea, so they are halfway done. I seriously cannot imagine having 10 kids, let alone 10 with some form of Autism. I love Juke more than anything, but 10 of him would leave me way beyond "frazzled." If Leslea grows her hair out for her whole mission I think she'll be able to sit on it when she gets home:)***

No comments:
Post a Comment