Well this past week has been pretty amazing and it has gone by so fast! I don't know why but the weeks are flying by for me. It's almost March! And then guess what...only a year left! I'll be home before we know it. But that being said, I love being here and serving in the Granite Stake. I really do want to come back and visit. I love our Stake President, he is so kind and helpful. I feel so blessed to be able to serve here and to have so many nice people around to support Sister Garretson and I. Oh! And some good news is that Sister Smith is going to start coming out with us again, but only to appointments so she doesn't have to go contact people (which requires a lot of walking and getting in and out of the car) so we are super excited. We had dinner with her on Valentine's Day, which was fun- we just want her to stay happy and feel like she's still part of the mission. Speaking of Valentine's Day, I loved the package! I wore the black and white skirt that day and then Sister Garretson wore it the next day. I wore the other one too, and we both got lots of compliments on them, so thank you! I gave the light up necklace to Sister Smith to cheer her up a little :) she loved it. One of the families we go and teach every week gave us stuffed animal frogs, too (that reminded me of Christmas frog). It was cute.
We had lessons with both Kirsten and Glenn, and they are going really well. I'll attach a picture of Kirsten and her boyfriend's family (they're not the best quality, sorry- I'll take some more with my own camera). Kirsten is the sweetest girl and she is really doing well. Glenn is praying about getting baptized on March 15th, so we're praying for him to get an answer. Isn't that exciting?!
We also had exchanges again this past Tuesday, and I went to Riverton (for the third time) with Sister Johnstone. She is very sweet and we had a nice time. We had a few lessons with some kids and then helped one of the Sisters' investigators pack up some boxes because she is moving. She is an older lady and she's going to quit smoking, which is great. It was pretty fun and when I got back it was nice to be in Sandy again and to see Sister Garretson. She's pretty fun.
So let me explain the title of my email ;) Last night we went over to one of our Bishop's house (the same one that we spent Christmas Eve with) to ask him a question about something in the scriptures, and we ended up having a really enlightening discussion about the Plan of Salvation. While we were talking his wife was making dinner, and she came in to ask us if we wanted some Carrot Love....and both Sister Garretson and I of course started laughing and asked her what Carrot Love is. Apparently is was Carrot LOAF, and it looked kind of like stuffing with bits of carrots sticking out. She told us that we really didn't have to eat it (she's been trying to cook healthier for her family) but we really wanted to try it just for the experience, so we did. Turns out it wasn't that bad, but we had a good laugh joking about it! Their family has this rating scale that they use when they have new meals, so we got to do that too. It goes from 0 (which says "I threw up") to 20 (which says "It was the best meal I've ever had"). It was pretty funny. Their kids are all hilarious and it was really nice to spend some time with their family again. So that's the Carrot Love story :) They're also going to see Brian Regan soon, so of course I was freaking out about that.
Lets see.....I don't think anything else really funny happened....it was a really spiritual week, though. I have been having really edifying Personal Study lately and it's been so cool to be able to get answers to my prayers more and more through studying the scriptures. Sister Garretson was having some troubles with her family back home, so President Castleton (our Stake President) was able to give her a blessing, and then he gave me one too. Every time I have received a blessing, it has always been exactly what I needed to hear, and I am so grateful that Dad was able to give me blessings and that worthy Priesthood holders here can give me them as well. This gospel is true, and I know that Priesthood power is real.
I hope that everything at home is going well and that the weather finally starts to get better! Tell Juke and Dad I say hello and that I miss them lots. Tell Noelle and Heather I miss seeing them too, and the same for everyone at church :)
Oh yeah! Have I told you about the Discovery Center? There is an old seminary building across from the middle school here in our stake, and they have converted it into a Family History center. It is so cool. Sister G and I really want to go in and help out the youth or any nonmembers with their Genealogy. I bet you would love it- it's a really neat place.
Anyway, I love you and hope you have a great week :)
Sister Wight
PS One of the Bishop's sons (the Carrot Love family) was talking about how the "Take Luck" thing happened to him. He told someone "Thank Riddance" (for "Thank goodness" and "Good riddance") ;)
The first picture is Elder and Sister Thorn (the senior missionary couple in our stake) who made us lunch for Valentine's Day. The second one is me, Sister Smith and her mom who had us over for dinner on Valentine's Day.


No comments:
Post a Comment