Monday, December 2, 2013

Genghis Khan, The Wrath of Khan, and Chaka Khan......?


Hey!

Things are going great!  How are you?  I had a fun but really full Thanksgiving!  We had pie at one house, then went to the Englands for the whole meal at 1, and had another dinner at 5.  I was out of it by the end of the night.  I felt bad for the people we visited at night because we were literally zombies.  Too much turkey+no naps=zombie missionaries.  Aww.. I'm glad you liked the video :) I'm glad Juke still knows who I am!
Gettysburg sounded...fun haha.  I can't believe you saw that police car in the ditch!  Oh- last week we knocked on this lady's door and she said her name was...something Kahn (I can't remember her first name)- and then she said "Yeah, Khan-as in Genghis Khan, the Wrath of Khan, Chaka Kahn..." it was so awesome.  I was laughing for about a half hour.  

We met this family on saturday while they were out putting up their Christmas Lights when we were just walking down the street.  The husband ran inside as soon as we came up, but the wife, Chrystle, and the daughter, Faith, talked to us.  Chrystle said she wants Faith to be baptized!  Her husband is a member but she and Faith aren't.  We were like great!  We'll be back tomorrow for a lesson!  They ended up canceling but that's okay- we'll stop by soon to give them a Book of Mormon.  I am super excited.  

I'm glad the club was good and that you got your chocolate mousse fix:)  We have so many leftovers!  I'll send you some pictures from this past week.  Everyone is putting up Christmas stuff now.  We stopped by Jerry's house (he isn't a member- I've taught him once since I've been here because he's never home) and he had this big life size Santa on his front porch, so naturally after we set up a time to meet with him, we took pictures by Santa.  It was pretty funny.  We have a bunch of Ward Christmas Parties coming up, so those will be a great chance to meet nonmembers and introduce ourselves.
  
I got all of your pictures hahaha.  They're all awesome.  Dad looks awesome in his headsock- the racing actually looks cool, though.  

I just emailed Noelle back- did she have fun in Disney?  We couldn't find any ugly sweaters at DI!  I was so mad.  But a member gave us some that her daughters used for another ugly sweater party so I'll send you some pictures of those next week:)  I'm really excited.  I hope you have fun in Boston!  Send me pictures.

Transfers are Dec. 18th.  Only two more weeks!  I think I'm staying here.
Amanda sent me an email :) it was awesome.    I really want to take an investigator to see the lights on Temple Square!   Litza's would also be super cool.  I'm craving Pizza right now!
I love you and miss you!
Sister Wight
PS How many days til Christmas?




No comments:

Post a Comment