Hey :)
I'm excited to talk to you too! I'm not sure what time exactly I'll be contacting you guys but I should know by next Monday. We have a district meeting that morning so it'll probably be sometime in the afternoon :) I'm excited! We've had several invitations from members for Christmas Eve and Christmas, so I guess I'll see what happens. Especially with transfers happening on Wednesday. Guess what? Hermana Davis got her visa! She leaves bright and early Wednesday morning for Argentina. I have no clue if I'll stay or go. I have a feeling I'll stay (I really want to stay) but who knows? We'll see :) I'm glad Hermana Davis is leaving, but I'll really miss her. She has been a blessing in my life and has taught me so much. I hope I get to stay with Sister Smith, though. I really want to keep helping her and watching her grow. She is a wonderful person!
I didn't get a new coat but the red one is actually pretty warm. If the cold gets much worse I'll get a heavier one. Sister Davis had some warm clothes, but not a lot. It sounds like it's been a winter wonderland there! Fun ;)
Well we haven't met with Hilary (our investigator) in a while because her husband (who is an inactive member) has been out of town and she wants to wait for him. But we see her this week so hopefully it'll go well (if I'm still here!). Our families are doing great. One of our less active families have been reading and praying every day, and coming to church each week, and they just look so much happier. They're radiating. It's really neat :) Another less active family all came to church last week and it was so amazing to see them all there. Usually only the older son comes and sometimes his mom too. We had a lesson with them yesterday and I was prompted to share and experience I had in the MTC, and after I shared it, the dad said he was so glad I had said that because he had been struggling and what I said really helped him. That just bore testimony to me of how we always need to follow the promptings of the spirit, because you never know when an experience you have had can help someone else. It was a really wonderful feeling. I'll attach a picture of us and them :) they're an awesome family and they're working towards getting sealed in the temple next year. We set a goal with them and they're working towards a specific day.
I found the ipod and I have been enjoying the music- thank you! BUT I found a certain song on one of the playlists and I almost threw the ipod across the room when I saw it (just take a guess). I'm excited for your packages! I'm sending yours out today or in the next few days so you can get it before Christmas :) but don't open it until Christmas! Actually I'd love it if you opened it while we're talking. Oh and by the way- do you want to skype or facetime? And can you send me your skype or facetime names so I can call you since I'll be calling from a random member's account?
I was so sad to hear about Penny :( poor dog- at least now she is with Rocky. I will miss them both. I hope you are all doing okay- Dad looks pretty sad in the pictures. Do you think Juke misses them? How's everything going at home? Did you put up decorations? We put up two little trees that I'll send a picture of next week- I'll also send some more pictures of the apartment too.
Even though the work here is moving pretty slow I know that we are helping the people we meet with.
I have learned so much and I am learning how the spirit works for me better than ever before. Last week I sang with two Elders from my district at our zone conference (Elder Harris and Elder Fillmore) and we sang "Angels We Have Heard On High" :) it was fun! President Chambers says he wants me to sing more often, so I hope I get to!
Alright well I'm going to go but I love you and I hope you have a wonderful week. Feel better and remember that you're in my prayers always.
Love,
Sister Wight
**So, here's the info about this week--our other dog Penny passed away last Saturday. Yes, that's both dogs in 6 weeks. So horrible:((( After Rocky was hit by a car and didn't make it, Penny really got worse quickly. She was 14, so she had been having old age related health issues for a while, but I think she just gave up. She stopped eating for several days and the pain medication she had been taking didn't seem to work anymore. Then, she eventually couldn't really get up to go outside and we knew she was at the end. Paul, Juke, and I took her to the vet and were with her when they put her to sleep. It was so hard--I really lost it when Juke patted her one last time and waved to her. Talk about heart wrenching. So now we still have the 2 cats and hopefully we will not have any more bad pet experiences for a long time.
Below is a picture from a while ago, but perfectly illustrates how Penny and Rocky were. This was at our old house when the kids were younger--hence the toy car-- they could sleep through almost anything, even Juke playing right next to them:)
Here is an email we got from a member this week:
Paul and Anise;

ᐧ
Merry Christmas! I wanted to send you a quick Christmas note and let you know how much we love your daughter. I know that this time of year it can be difficult to be away from family and I want you to know that we are doing our best to help Sister Wight feel at home here at our house. Sister Wight came over one day and we were talking about music and I dropped some lyrics from The Smiths and she just looked at me cross-eyed and said, "my parents love those guys"; I knew we'd get along immediately!
Your daughter is an amazing missionary with a huge heart and a gentle loving smile. I really appreciate her honesty and her brilliant sense of humor. Her "real" approach to life makes her such an easy person to be around because she radiates an openness and experience of compassion. We love her dearly and if she can't be at home with you this Christmas season, we are grateful for the chance to step in and be part of her family here in Utah. Thank you for raising such a wonderful girl and a tremendous missionary. We love her and we're really grateful to get to spend some time with her as she serves the Lord.
Loves,
Cameron & Erin
Once again, I am so thankful that people take the time to contact us-it really helps:) We always played all kinds of music (especially 80's classics-haha) as the kids were growing up but Leslea really didn't like The Smiths--she did one time admit that she liked a couple of their songs:) Who knew our 80's music indoctrination would surface on Leslea's mission! Maybe we were inspired:)
ᐧ


No comments:
Post a Comment