Monday, December 9, 2013

Too cold for comfort….what the gladsome?

Well this past week has been freezing!  Last Tuesday we had exchanges and I went to Riverton with one of my Sister Training Leaders, Sister Wheldon, and her companion, Sister Martin.  We woke up to snow!  We walked that whole day until about 4 pm because our cars were "grounded" (meaning it was too slippery for us to drive) and my feet were soaked.  I have since purchased real snow boots, to say the least.  We had a lot of adventures sliding around in the car (we were able to drive it the rest of the week) and skating around to all of our various Ward Christmas Parties.  

Our investigator, Hilary, came to one of the parties because an awesome member, Sonia, went over to invite her and they talked for an hour and a half!  We were so excited :)  Also, we are teaching this less active family and they all came to church yesterday- we were so happy to see them there!  They are a great family. 

Also yesterday we had a lesson set up to share a Christmas message with another less active family and when we got there the mother and daughter were a mess because the dad had just slipped on the ice and broken his femur (which, as we know from Brian Regan, is super painful) and he had just had surgery so they were on their way out to go to the hospital.  We sang a hymn and said a prayer with them and when we had finished praying the daughter had tears in her eyes and they both thanked us for coming.  I know that Heavenly Father is aware of all of us, and that he sent us there at that time to help those women that were stressed out and afraid. I am grateful for His love and I know we wouldn't be able to do this work without His guidance.   

Is it still snowy there?  I know it is here!  If people want to send me things for Christmas, I'd love some more stationary and stamps- and maybe some stickers too :)   I also would love a shoulder bag.  I don't mind using my purses, but if I'm on a bike in the future I'm going to need a shoulder bag.  Sorry I didn't say all of this before you sent the package, but I completely forgot last week.

  Sister Davis is doing alright, she's still waiting so that's hard for her.  Sister Smith is having a hard time walking around with the ice and snow, and she is going to the doctor soon because she is starting to feel some symptoms again that she's had in the past, so she thinks she might need to alter her medication.  She's doing well, and we try and help her every day as much as we can.  

I got another email from Noelle, she seems pretty good.  I hope she gets all of her decorations up successfully.  Speaking of DSW, that's what we've been calling ourselves (DavisSmithWight) pretty clever right?  We think it suits us.  I'm glad you had fun in Boston and that it wasn't too cold :) although I'm sorry I missed the FOG.  I think I'll be staying here after transfers but I have no clue what could happen.  I'm not sure what will happen with Sister Smith.  She will have to be with Sisters who have a car for sure.  I don't think she'll get transferred though.  

I'm glad Juke looks at the videos :) that's funny about "thank you vince" hahaha.  I miss you guys.  Sometimes I'll explain our inside jokes to Sister Davis and she just laughs to be polite:)  
Speaking of slow Christmas songs- I think we've sung Silent Night just about 4000 times now.  And at one of our Ward Parties, we sang hymns the whole time and the pianist was playing at the speed of death.  We all tried to sing Joy to the World to her tempo and I was about to walk out.  Sister Davis had to console me the entire time.  It was way, WAY too slow.  What the gladsome! 
We went to another party where the girl playing Mary looked like she'd rather be doing anything else rather than playing the Savior's mother.  We tried to get through that one without any fits of laughter.  Oh boy- Ward parties are always fun :) but really though, they have been nice.  

Alrighty well I think that's all for now!  Transfers are on the 18th and we have several more Christmas parties so I'll let you know how those go and if we get any more people to teach!  Love you and miss you :)

Sister Wight 

PS- I've been reading the Conference Ensign and I have really loved it- all of the messages have applied to either me or someone we are teaching.  It's pretty neat.   


Here are some December adventures--








No comments:

Post a Comment